Islamic State tortures, publicly executes a female human rights lawyer in Mosul

Started by Martinus, September 26, 2014, 10:29:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

Quote from: Barrister on September 26, 2014, 01:28:09 PM
Quote from: Martinus on September 26, 2014, 01:03:13 PM
Quote from: Caliga on September 26, 2014, 12:57:32 PM
Quote from: Martinus on September 26, 2014, 12:46:50 PM
Seriously, though, I think the West should adopt a zero tolerance policy for Islamotards. Your son/brother/uncle leaves to join the ISIS? Your entire family gets deported.
:huh:

Sorry, I'm really mad. If I could press a button right now that would wipe all Islamists off the face of the Earth, I would do it in an instant.

But Marty, the reason IS is barbarous is because they kill people simply because of their religion.  Which is what you're (not seriously) proposing.

IS must be dealt with and they are committing numerous atrocities, but no use losing your head over it.

What grumbler said. I said "Islamists", not "Muslims".

Martinus

Quote from: The Brain on September 26, 2014, 01:24:00 PM
Quote from: Martinus on September 26, 2014, 01:03:13 PM
Quote from: Caliga on September 26, 2014, 12:57:32 PM
Seriously, though, I think the West should adopt a zero tolerance policy for Islamotards. Your son/brother/uncle leaves to join the ISIS? Your entire family gets deported.
:huh:

Sorry, I'm really mad. If I could press a button right now that would wipe all Islamists off the face of the Earth, I would do it in an instant.

I think you should take a deep breath and imagine what the world would look like if Islam didn't exist. Still want to utterly destroy Islam?
:lol:

Neil

I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Martinus

Imagine being tortured for five days and then executed. Jesus. Somehow I can't get this story out of my head.

Viking

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 26, 2014, 12:41:03 PM
Reel him in.  :lol:

Nobody is blaming the victim you dimwit.

Well you and derspiess are, in a sense.

Well the Israelis do blow up the houses of suicide bombers. That is most certainly not one of the many legal things the IDF does as part of it's occupation. The problem with this is that we can't actually deport them as much as we'd like. The vast majority of asylum seekers in norway which get residence do so despite being expelled at some point. The legal system just gives up trying to deport them and gives them residence on humanitarian grounds after the rejected asylum seeker first refused to leave and then did his best to sabotage the expulsion process. Not to mention places like Somalia not having a government which can receive them and places like ghana and others REFUSING to receive their own citizens  expelled after making false asylum claims.

What are you going to do? Send them to Yemen on the grounds that they have terrorists in the family? Are you fucking insane?

Before the geneva conventions and hague conventions people like that would have been executed or imprisoned or tortured or all three then exiled. That said, we really do have a problem in applying laws, morale, ethics and conventions instituted with some assumptions on societies where those assumptions do not apply.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

The Brain

Quote from: Martinus on September 26, 2014, 03:16:55 PM
Imagine being tortured for five days and then executed. Jesus. Somehow I can't get this story out of my head.

OK Kylie.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

garbon

Quote from: Viking on September 26, 2014, 03:24:15 PM
What are you going to do? Send them to Yemen on the grounds that they have terrorists in the family? Are you fucking insane?

Yeah, what the hell? How could we find a person accountable for what their sibling or uncle chooses to do?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Martinus

Quote from: garbon on September 26, 2014, 03:33:26 PM

Yeah, what the hell? How could we find a person accountable for what their sibling or uncle chooses to do?

Well, I was being a bit hyperbolic, but I think we need to address the problem of indifference to extremism among the Muslim communities in the West.

mongers

What about retitling this thread so we can have a general one to cover all the undoubted further outrages carried out by this group and fellow travelers?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Martinus

Well, I guess merge it with the ISIS one and just name it something adequate, e.g. "All fucking Islamotards must fucking hang".

garbon

Quote from: Martinus on September 26, 2014, 03:36:14 PM
Quote from: garbon on September 26, 2014, 03:33:26 PM

Well, I was being a bit hyperbolic, but I think we need to address the problem of indifference to extremism among the Muslim communities in the West.

I don't actually know anyone who is indifferent to extremism among Muslim communities.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: Martinus on September 26, 2014, 03:38:11 PM
Well, I guess merge it with the ISIS one and just name it something adequate, e.g. "All fucking Islamotards must fucking hang".

Wait mongers doesn't get attitude, just me? <_<

Martinus

I don't see the kind of protests in the streets against atrocities by ISIS as there were about actions by Israel.

mongers

Quote from: Martinus on September 26, 2014, 03:38:11 PM

Maybe re-title this one something similar, but a little bit more polite.

And keep the other as it is, one for discussing the military campaign and the widening war in Iraq/Syria.

Oh and just to give this thread a boost, what about this.

A 70 year old British muslim with mental health issues, is on death row in Pakistan, awaiting his appeal against an blasphemy conviction. ....

He's just been shot and seriously injured by...

one of the Pakistani prison officers/guards.

He's now been transfered to a hospital, where the inadequate security and the Pakistan media broadcasting his location, endangers his life still further.

QuoteThe family of a Scottish grandfather wounded by a prison guard in Pakistan have said they fear further attempts on his life.

Muhammad Asghar, 70, was in custody pending an appeal against a death sentence passed for blasphemy when he was shot in the back.

His daughter Jasmine Rana said it was her "worst nightmare come true".

The family solicitor said Mr Asghar was "stable" in hospital but his mental health had deteriorated.

A prison guard Mohammad Yousuf appeared in court in Rawalpindi on Friday accused of the shooting and was remanded in custody.

A police official told BBC News the guard had worked at the jail for about a year and appeared to hold strong religious views.

Mr Asghar, a successful Edinburgh businessman with a history of mental illness, including a diagnosis of paranoid schizophrenia, returned to live in Pakistan in 2010.

He was later arrested for writing several letters claiming to be a prophet and convicted of blasphemy.

At a news conference in Glasgow, solicitor Aamer Anwar said Mr Asghar was lying in bed in his prison cell in Rawalpindi jail on Thursday morning when he heard a commotion.

Full article here:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-29373514

Incidentally I don't think his mental health issues are important, as in only someone insane would renounce/criticize Islam, but that his condition has deteriorated under the stress and no fully sane person would have written what he did, because you'd know it's a very dangerous thing to do in such a 'society'

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

garbon

Quote from: Martinus on September 26, 2014, 03:45:13 PM
I don't see the kind of protests in the streets against atrocities by ISIS as there were about actions by Israel.

And you are taking that as people are less outraged about ISIS than Israel? :huh:

I take it to be that all sane people are against ISIS and that the US is actually taking steps against ISIS. Meanwhile you've a lot of crazies who are upset by Israel who then get angrier that US considers Israel is an ally and don't see US taking any steps to stop Israel from acting how it does.