Islamic State tortures, publicly executes a female human rights lawyer in Mosul

Started by Martinus, September 26, 2014, 10:29:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Quote from: Martinus on September 26, 2014, 01:03:13 PM
Sorry, I'm really mad. If I could press a button right now that would wipe all Islamists off the face of the Earth, I would do it in an instant.

The US DoS could make such a button.  Should work as well as the reset button of 2009.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Martinus

Quote from: derspiess on September 26, 2014, 01:08:40 PM
The US DoS could make such a button.  Should work as well as the reset button of 2009.

I'd prefer a button made by the US DoD.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

The Brain

Quote from: Caliga on September 26, 2014, 12:57:32 PM
Quote from: Martinus on September 26, 2014, 12:46:50 PM
Seriously, though, I think the West should adopt a zero tolerance policy for Islamotards. Your son/brother/uncle leaves to join the ISIS? Your entire family gets deported.
:huh:

Sorry, I'm really mad. If I could press a button right now that would wipe all Islamists off the face of the Earth, I would do it in an instant.

I think you should take a deep breath and imagine what the world would look like if Islam didn't exist. Still want to utterly destroy Islam?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Barrister

Seriously, though, I think the West should adopt a zero tolerance policy for Islamotards. Your son/brother/uncle leaves to join the ISIS? Your entire family gets deported.

But Marty, the reason IS is barbarous is because they kill people simply because of their religion.  Which is what you're (not seriously) proposing.

IS must be dealt with and they are committing numerous atrocities, but no use losing your head over it.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

derspiess

Quote from: The Brain on September 26, 2014, 01:24:00 PM
I think you should take a deep breath and imagine what the world would look like if Islam didn't exist. Still want to utterly destroy Islam?

:lol:

grumbler

Quote from: derspiess on September 26, 2014, 10:46:05 AM
She wasn't just risking her life, though.  She was pretty much certain to be caught and executed.

I admire her bravery & conviction, but I'm thinking she could have done more good had she lived longer.
Well, duh!  Most people could do more good if they lived longer!
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Quote from: Barrister on September 26, 2014, 01:28:09 PM
But Marty, the reason IS is barbarous is because they kill people simply because of their religion.  Which is what you're (not seriously) proposing.

IS must be dealt with and they are committing numerous atrocities, but no use losing your head over it.

I don't think that wanting to press a button and eliminate all islamists is "losing your head."  That's not killing anyone because of their religion.  It's wiping off the face of the earth people who believe in the principles of Islamism, not all Muslims.  It's like saying that you would like to wipe all racists off the face of the earth.  I'd do that, too.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

The Brain

Quote from: Barrister on September 26, 2014, 01:28:09 PM

Depends on what the meaning of the word IS is.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

celedhring

Hard to resist the urges to go all Apocalypse Now on these fellas.

I'm willing to donate my lighter's gas to the Spanish Air Force so they can fly their birds. It'll probably boost their mission-capable rates by 100%

derspiess

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: The Brain on September 26, 2014, 01:24:00 PM

asap

derspiess