Columbia student carrying mattress until school expels her rapist

Started by garbon, September 24, 2014, 08:47:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

derspiess

I could have used a pillow when Maya Angelou spoke at ours.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Caliga

Quote from: derspiess on May 20, 2015, 11:46:31 AM
Raciss. :(

At least you had someone famous speak at yours.  I had some dude named Gary Locke.  I think he used to be the governor of Washington :whogivesafuck:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Admiral Yi

At both my graduations the speaker was the new incoming president or dean, which is like getting no one at all.

Caliga

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 20, 2015, 12:04:29 PM
At both my graduations the speaker was the new incoming president or dean, which is like getting no one at all.
:bleeding:

derspiess

Actually the horrible poetry lady spoke at the commencement a year before mine.  Georgie Ann Geyer spoke at mine.  I liked her :)
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Caliga

derspiess

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Caliga on May 20, 2015, 11:56:59 AM
Quote from: derspiess on May 20, 2015, 11:46:31 AM
Raciss. :(

At least you had someone famous speak at yours.  I had some dude named Gary Locke.  I think he used to be the governor of Washington :whogivesafuck:

Wasn't he made ambassador to China?
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Caliga

Caliga

Martinus

garbon

Quote from: Caliga on May 20, 2015, 12:12:14 PM
Princesca had: Oprah. :cool:

If I'd graduated a year later, I would have had Oprah. :weep:

For high school, I had Bill Belichick. :x
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Caliga

Quote from: Martinus on May 20, 2015, 12:37:16 PM
Shouldn't the mattress come with a trigger warning?
Yeah, would trigger me to GTFO of there. :)

Caliga

Quote from: garbon on May 20, 2015, 12:59:34 PM
If I'd graduated a year later, I would have had Oprah. :weep:

For high school, I had Bill Belichick. :x
Cool.  Was his speech about cheating your way to success in life?