Dispatches from the State Ministry of Truth

Started by Jacob, September 22, 2014, 10:05:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

Mono hasn't exactly covered himself with glory in this thread has he?

Maybe he's been mistakenly standing on the sidewalk outside those tower blocks?

Would explain the smell, wouldn't it.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Monoriu on October 14, 2014, 06:20:59 PM

This morning inside Lun Wo road tunnel.

No barging?  Am I reading that right?

Monoriu

Eddie Teach

Quote from: mongers on October 14, 2014, 06:03:19 PM
Quote from: DGuller on October 14, 2014, 05:42:41 PM
Reading Mono these days is like watching Russian news on TV.

Save they have some quite attractive female newscasters on occasion.  :cool:

Time for Mono to get an avatar?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Valmy

These rioters have some pretty amazing stamina.  A 20+ day long riot?  It is amazing there are any buildings still standing or any shops not yet looted in HK.  I presume the death toll is reaching about 70,000 by now?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Monoriu

Battle of Lun Wo Road

Police assembling before the advance

Police dismantling the roadblocks right in front of the rioters.

Police shield wall advancing

Valmy

Why would rioters place blocks to their rampaging through the streets burning and pillaging?  :huh:

Worst rioters ever?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Valmy

Quote from: Monoriu on October 14, 2014, 09:05:22 PM

Where are the bodies and Molotov Cocktails and shit?  What kind of riot is this?

Valmy

But they are not even rioting!  From now on just call them Pole Vaulters, it will be just as relevant to their activities.

Monoriu

Quote from: Valmy on October 14, 2014, 09:20:04 PM
But they are not even rioting!  From now on just call them Pole Vaulters, it will be just as relevant to their activities.

I need to remind you where I stand on this constantly :contract:

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Monoriu on October 14, 2014, 09:27:19 PM

You could let it slide every now and then...
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Monoriu

Nothing on Mong Kok so far.  The police probably used up its men and equipment in the unexpected battle of Lun Wo Road. 

The next hot spot is legislative council.  Today is the first meeting of the new 14/15 legislative year, and the pan-democrats will certainly raise questions on the police.  The real spot light will be tomorrow's Chief Executive QA session.  He will certainly insist that he arrive at LegCo by official car, even though all the roads are blocked.  So it is quite likely that he will cancel the QA session.  On the other hand, he may also insist in going, in that case police will be responsible to clear a path for his car.  It will be very interesting how the pan democrat legislators will welcome him in LegCo.  They have done stuff like throwing objects at him (without hitting him), a mass walk-out as soon as he enters, shouting slogans mid-speech, etc.  It will be ironical if the legco security staff use yellow umbrellas to protect him. 

You may or may not like the guy, but he has style.  In the face of tremendous pressure and almost everybody calling for talks, he acted like a stonewall.  No meetings, no talks, no compromise.  A really tough guy. 

Monoriu

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on October 14, 2014, 09:29:19 PM
Quote from: Monoriu on October 14, 2014, 09:27:19 PM

You could let it slide every now and then...

When they leave the roads, yes.

Monoriu

HK government has officially rejected any possibility of submitting a supplementary report to the National People's Congress.  The riots are caused by the Congress saying that Beijing must vet the candidates of the 2017 Chief Executive election.  This ruling is made in response to a report by the HK government.  A lot of people hope that a compromise could be reached by HK government submitting a supplemetary report, essentially asking the HK government to ask Beijing to revise its ruling. 

The HK government today made a resounding, clear "no" answer to this plan.