Dispatches from the State Ministry of Truth

Started by Jacob, September 22, 2014, 10:05:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Monoriu

This morning inside Lun Wo road tunnel.

CountDeMoney

Actually, that's a fantastic photo.   :D

Love their little wok shields.  After a long day of crowd control, it doubles for stir fry!

garbon

Quote from: Monoriu on October 14, 2014, 06:02:02 PM
Angry residents have dropped bags of shit (real shit) onto the rioters from their high rise flats. 

Wow. Calling you all barbaric wouldn't be far from the truth. :(
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Monoriu

Who says police morale is low?  I saw on TV that the police advanced with ferocity.  The shield wall just kept on advancing without pausing.  Anybody who refused to move are by-passed by the shield wall.  Rear area police in small groups of 4-6 will then press the individual rioters against the ground and arrest them one-by-one on charges of assault against police. 

I think their morale is sky-high after staying on the defensive for two weeks.  Most importantly, they are obeying orders  :bowler:

Monoriu

Quote from: garbon on October 14, 2014, 06:24:42 PM
Angry residents have dropped bags of shit (real shit) onto the rioters from their high rise flats. 

Huh?  I am just telling you what happened. 

garbon

Quote from: Monoriu on October 14, 2014, 06:28:43 PM

People who drop bags of shit on people are barbaric.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

I hope we drop a Trident II on them in 2025.

DGuller

That's China for you.  They're fine with shit on the roads, but protesters on the roads are a big NO-NO.

DGuller

Quote from: garbon on October 14, 2014, 06:31:23 PM
Quote from: Monoriu on October 14, 2014, 06:28:43 PM

People who drop bags of shit on people are barbaric.
At least it wasn't delivered fresh from the oven, so to speak.

Monoriu

Be careful if any of you go to China.  Make sure you don't have yellow ribbons on you, your bags or your luggages.  Try to avoid yellow clothing, and especially yellow umbrellas.  People have been detained and questioned for hours for having a yellow ribbon (a symbol of the riots) on their bags. 

DGuller

Quote from: Monoriu on October 14, 2014, 07:00:37 PM
Be careful if any of you go to China.  Make sure you don't have yellow ribbons on you, your bags or your luggages.  Try to avoid yellow clothing, and especially yellow umbrellas.  People have been detained and questioned for hours for having a yellow ribbon (a symbol of the riots) on their bags.
:hmm: Better not be an Asian as well.

Razgovory

Man I avoid saying the word "yellow" around Chinese people as it is.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Monoriu

Quote from: Razgovory on October 14, 2014, 07:10:45 PM

Man I avoid saying the word "yellow" around Chinese people as it is.

I don't think being called yellow is considered offensive, even in China.  We call ourselves "yellow people" all the time.  It is quite neutral. 

garbon

I think I'd be more concerned about how the hell I ended up in China.

DGuller

Quote from: garbon on October 14, 2014, 07:16:48 PM

I think I'd be more concerned about how the hell I ended up in China.
:lol: