Dispatches from the State Ministry of Truth

Started by Jacob, September 22, 2014, 10:05:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Monoriu

The fucks have now blocked the largest highway on HK island.

Monoriu

If I got home an hour later, I would have been caught in this as well. 

The Brain

This is major Mono to crowd control...
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Zanza

Quote from: Monoriu on September 28, 2014, 02:31:35 AM
I am wondering how I am going to go to work tomorrow because my desk is in the middle of the police cordon.  Somehow I don't think my staff ID will convince the police shield walls to let me pass.  Even though I am on their side  :(
"Police didn't allow me to go to work."

That's just about the best thing that can happen to the normal salaried employee, right? A free day off.  :)

Monoriu

Quote from: Zanza on September 28, 2014, 03:44:01 AM
Quote from: Monoriu on September 28, 2014, 02:31:35 AM
I am wondering how I am going to go to work tomorrow because my desk is in the middle of the police cordon.  Somehow I don't think my staff ID will convince the police shield walls to let me pass.  Even though I am on their side  :(
"Police didn't allow me to go to work."

That's just about the best thing that can happen to the normal salaried employee, right? A free day off.  :)

I really don't think my bosses will accept that excuse, seriously. 

Monoriu

There are now like 3x as many people there as in the photo.

I think I need to pack lunch for tomorrow's work day.  I don't think any canteen in the area will open for business. 

Zanza

Monoriu

Quote from: Zanza on September 28, 2014, 03:48:13 AM
How do they get to work?

My boss is in Beijing, actually, so technically I have no supervisor in this week.  I think the police will close off the nearest train station too.  So I will need to get off 2 stations away and walk there, then show my staff card to try to get in, with my packed lunch. 

celedhring

Mono to unwillingly become a symbol of the fight for freedom when he is brutally attacked by police while trying to sneak into an official building with a suspicious package he claims to be "lunch".

Zanza

Syt

Mono on his way to work on Monday.

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Monoriu

Protesters charged toward the police cordon lines in an effort to join the main group outside government HQs.  The problem is that they have googles and umbrellas, so riot police need to grab their umbrellas and googles before spraying them in the face.  The police have now used heavy duty pepper spray with tanks on their backs.  I've also seed officers use batons. 

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould