Dispatches from the State Ministry of Truth

Started by Jacob, September 22, 2014, 10:05:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Monoriu on September 27, 2014, 08:18:13 AM
The #1 student leader has already been arrested, handcuffed and dragged away in front of cameras, for inciting violence. 

Yeah, that never causes a domino effect and *incites* more violence.  Nope.
Experience bij!

Monoriu

The government HQ has been cleared of intruders.  A few thousand people are still camped outside.  The riot police have blocked all the footbridges leading to the area, and evicted people there with pepper spray and advancing shield walls.  But there are still other ways to get there.  So instead of "occupy central on 1 Oct", it has become "occupy the road outside the government HQ on 28 Sep".  I guess the police strategy is to wear them down, while preventing more people from joining.  The police can change shifts; the suckers will need food, water and toilets soon. 

Monoriu

When riot police earlier evicted people from government HQ.

Police have blocked the main footbridges that link the train station with the government HQs to prevent more people from joining the protests.  I walk past these every day. 

The people camped outside the government HQs.  It isn't raining; the umbrellas are there for the pepper spray and possibly tear gas later.

Monoriu

Oh and, you need to apply for a permit for a public gathering in HK.  So technically, all of them have broken the law already and can be legally arrested.

CountDeMoney

For someone who is not a member of the Party, you certainly are a Party man.

Monoriu

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 27, 2014, 11:48:21 AM
For someone who is not a member of the Party, you certainly are a Party man.

HK is divided.  Half the population wants to fight Beijing for more democracy.  The other half just wants to take whatever Beijing gives us. 

CountDeMoney

Monoriu

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: garbon on September 27, 2014, 08:11:41 AM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on September 27, 2014, 08:04:02 AM
He needs the car fueled so he can get to the airport.

And do what? He can't get work anywhere else.

Ride out the trouble sipping tea in Thailand. He can afford it.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ed Anger

I hop Mono put in a supply of Toilet Paper.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Monoriu

It is official now.  The Occupy Central guys have announced that they have advanced the occupy movement to, well, yesterday.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

CountDeMoney

Do it, Mono.  Go out in the street.  Get swept up in history.  DO IT DO IT DO IT

Monoriu

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 27, 2014, 06:38:56 PM
Do it, Mono.  Go out in the street.  Get swept up in history.  DO IT DO IT DO IT

I am their enemy  :lol: I am one of the guys who are supposed to work inside the building they try to take over.  I am one of the guys they want to screw over by building a welfare state.  They want to tax me more.