Three Afghan Soldiers Visiting Cape Cod Have Gone Missing

Started by jimmy olsen, September 22, 2014, 01:38:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Maybe I'm being paranoid, but this really doesn't sound good.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/investigations/three-afghan-soldiers-visiting-cape-cod-have-gone-missing-n208551
QuoteThree Afghan Soldiers Visiting Cape Cod Have Gone Missing

By Tom Winter

Three soldiers from the Afghanistan National Army visiting Cape Cod, Massachusetts, for a military exercise have gone missing, according to the U.S. National Guard. The National Guard in Massachusetts says they believe at this time there is no threat to the public.

Maj. Jan Mohammad Arash, Capt. Mohammad Nasir Askarzada, and Capt. Noorullah Aminyar were last seen at the Hyannis Mall Saturday evening, a National Guard source tells Cheryl Fiandaca of NBC affiliate WHDH.

A senior law enforcement source tells NBC News the FBI Field Office in Boston is aware of the disappearance and takes these matters seriously. The source tells NBC News that these soldiers are vetted by a wide variety of agencies very carefully before being allowed to travel to the United States.

Locally, the National Guard is asking for the public to provide any information if they know the whereabouts of the three soldiers.

The National Guard program is called "Regional Cooperation 2014" and has been held since 2004. According to a National Guard press release, "the purpose of Regional Cooperation 2014 is to increase participating nation's capabilities to conduct Stability Operations within internal borders and execute the range of operations conducted during United Nations mandated peacekeeping operations."

The soldiers stay at Camp Edwards on Cape Cod.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Viking

probably just looking for asylum.

This happens all the time. At the recent chess world cup in Tromsø in norway multiple african "teams" disappeared after being trouced in the first round of competition (on in 7 moves)

At the norway cup where third world childrens soccer teams are routinely invited to compete at many of the competitors disappear during the competition.

You'll find them in canada applying for asylum.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

KRonn

Yeah, especially since this is local to me in Massachusetts, I'm watching the news on this to see where this story goes.

CountDeMoney

Where does the math lead: to the worst case scenario, in which these guys are actually Taliban sleepers ready to blow up the Fenway, or the most likely scenario, that they don't want to go back to that shithole?

I just cant wait to find out!!!

mongers

Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 22, 2014, 01:38:36 AM
Maybe I'm being paranoid, but this really doesn't sound good.

Not paranoid, but you've seen way too many hollywood thrillers/blockbusters.

I bet if one had access to newspapers from the 1960s, you might find a similar story or two about South Vietnamese officers on US training programs going AWOL in the US.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Tamas

Yeah this is once in a lifetime opportunity for them to stay in a civilised country. No way they are passing it up.

mongers

On the subject of terrorism fear:

Passenger ejected from flight over notebook doodles

September 20, 2014
Chris Vedelago

A Melbourne man was hauled off a Tiger Airways flight by federal police on Saturday after claims he was seen doodling and writing sentences in a notebook satirising the current terrorism threat.

The incident has highlighted the growing sensitivity among officialdom and the public following the decision of the Abbott government to raise the national threat level and a series of raids were staged against alleged home-grown Islamic fundamentalist terrorists linked to the Islamic State movement.

Oliver Buckworth, 28, claims he was removed from a Gold Coast-bound flight after a fellow passenger saw the contents of his notebook over his shoulder and informed Tiger staff.

"The irony is I was writing a sentence about the absurdity of the fearmongering when we live in such a happy country of ice-cream and beaches and fluffy things," he said.

A page of Mr Buckworth's notebook seen by Fairfax Media contains the sentence: "In a land of melting ice-creams, sandy feet and fluffy bears, how could anyone be fearful of terrorism."

Other doodles include a sketch of a chandelier – Mr Buckworth is an interior designer – and the play on words: "Terrorismadeup." In a cartoon of a child clutching his head, Mr Buckworth wrote in a thought bubble: "Tyrannosaurus Rex. Terodactyl. Tarantula. Terrorist."

Mr Buckworth said a neighbouring passenger told a flight attendant: "Look what he's writing." "I turned to him and said, 'Yes, look what I'm writing. Read the whole sentence. I'm just writing some notes.' "

Tiger Airways notified the Australian Federal Police, who "offloaded" Mr Buckworth. After being interviewed and undergoing a background check, Mr Buckworth was released.

Full article here:
http://www.smh.com.au/national/passenger-ejected-from-flight-over-notebook-doodles-20140920-10jrhs.html

Josquius

What Viking says.
Most likely is they just want to slip under the radar and blend into the immigrant underclass and follow the American dream.

IIRC back at the commonwealth games several athletes went awol.
██████
██████
██████

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

mongers

Tonitrus

Quote from: Tamas on September 22, 2014, 09:09:38 AM
Yeah this is once in a lifetime opportunity for them to stay in a civilised country. No way they are passing it up.

Indeed, and if they're in-the-know military officers, they probably also have a good idea who will be the first going to the wall when we're fully pulled out and the Taliban ramp things up all the way.

Viking

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Admiral Yi

Viking

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 22, 2014, 03:03:47 PM
Hare, hare puffna, puffna puffna, hare hare.

I am the atheist god who doesn't believe in himself and consequently has poor self esteem.