Three Afghan Soldiers Visiting Cape Cod Have Gone Missing

Started by jimmy olsen, September 22, 2014, 01:38:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Viking on September 22, 2014, 03:05:00 PM
I am the atheist god who doesn't believe in himself and consequently has poor self esteem.

Hopefully it was improved by my nice song.

Malthus

Quote from: mongers on September 22, 2014, 02:22:12 PM
Quote from: Jacob on September 22, 2014, 02:01:51 PM
Apparently they were found trying to enter Canada: http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/found-missing-afghan-soldiers-caught-trying-enter-canada-n208866

Maybe they found the highly armed civilian population and gun culture too much to bare?

If I found three bare Afgan soldiers in my back yard, I'd want a gun, too.  ;)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Caliga

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 22, 2014, 03:06:20 PM
I am the atheist god who doesn't believe in himself and consequently has poor self esteem.

You know, you used to see those dudes at airports all the time but I haven't seen one in years.  Maybe they booted them all out after 9/11?
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Caliga on September 22, 2014, 03:36:23 PM
You know, you used to see those dudes at airports all the time but I haven't seen one in years.  Maybe they booted them all out after 9/11?

if that were the case I would expect them to play "illegal to loiter" announcements over the PA.  My guess is they just ran out of recruits.

Viking

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2010/10/24/where_did_the_hare_krishnas_go.html

QuoteThe decline of the movement began in part with revelations of child-abuse scandals at boarding schools in the U.S. and India in the 1970s and 1980s. Money troubles followed, and their world changed.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Viking

Hare Krishan also has teh most bizzare moon landing denial theory. They deny the moon landing because according to them the moon is well.. eh.. he'res a blog that explains it

http://geoffsshorts.blogspot.no/2011/12/hare-krishnas-and-faked-moon-landing.html
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

derspiess

I'm guessing they jumped the shark around the time of the first Airplane movie.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

garbon

Ugh, just the other night I was on a subway train with a group of them.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

Quote from: Viking on September 22, 2014, 03:43:27 PM
http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2010/10/24/where_did_the_hare_krishnas_go.html

The higher education of new members is used to counter any argument that the membership is being brainwashed, or that this is a cult.

"These people are too smart to be brainwashed," a senior devotee says. "They're no dummies. They are graduates of universities."

Ironically exactly what people in actual cults say :hmm:

QuoteAnd they are tech savvy as well. The have Facebook pages and their videos are posted on YouTube.

Their fancy University degrees give them the ability to post videos to YouTube and create Facebook pages!
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on September 22, 2014, 03:47:54 PM

I shit you not, I drove past the HK temple on New Hampshire Ave today, never even knew it was there;  bunch of bald ass Joe Isuzus walking out of their temple.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 22, 2014, 03:03:47 PM
Hare, hare puffna, puffna puffna, hare hare.

You should read this, one of the main characters is a god who doesn't believe in himself.

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 22, 2014, 08:03:18 PM
Quote from: derspiess on September 22, 2014, 03:47:54 PM

I shit you not, I drove past the HK temple on New Hampshire Ave today, never even knew it was there;  bunch of bald ass Joe Isuzus walking out of their temple.

Did you use your karate moves to get by them??
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall