In The Wake Of A Scottish Independence Vote, Your Predictions?

Started by mongers, September 16, 2014, 04:30:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Legbiter

If the ayes have it, Trident gets launched straight up and back down again onto it's Scottish targets.

If the nayes have it, Cameron abolishes that toytown parliament the Scots have been fiddling with, has Salmond hanged, drawn and quartered.
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

viper37

Quote from: Sheilbh on September 18, 2014, 05:25:14 AM
My view is if they win chances are it'll be difficult, especially for Scotland, in the short-term for about 5-10 years as markets react and things are adjusted. There'll be a few polls suggesting Scottish people regret voting yes, especially after the SNP's first austerity budget which also, as promised (the only outright policy promise they've made) cuts corporation tax.

But basically Scotland will stay a rich country. They'll get into NATO without any trouble and after 5-10 years into the EU too. They might be slightly more left-wing than England or (as I expect) slightly more liberal. They could be a little richer or poorer than they'd otherwise be, but that's about it.
most likely scenario, imho.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 16, 2014, 09:32:35 PM
There can be no permanent peace in the region without Scotland's willingness to acknowledge Israel's right to exist.