And we're back!

Main Menu

Bought a new to me used car.

Started by 11B4V, September 15, 2014, 01:30:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darth Wagtaros

PDH!

DGuller

Weren't K-cars front wheel drive?  This one isn't.

Barrister

K-cars came out early to mid 80s, and were indeed FWD.

This Mirada is definitely not a K-car.

It does remind me of the 1980 Dodge Aspen I learned to drive in, so I approve. :thumbsup:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

11B4V

Quote from: grumbler on September 15, 2014, 06:17:54 AM
That interior looks nice; are the seats replacements, or just re-covered originals?  I always had my doubts about the utility of re-covering a seat whose springs are worn out.  But if that isn't the case with your new car, it's in amazing shape for its age.

Recovered to original color and resprung/padded.

Your statement about just recovering old seats is very true. It is darn near useless to recover seats with worn/broken springs and padding. I have the two front bucket seats on the R/T that need to be redone. However the springs are good. I'll be replacing the padding and recovering them.

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 15, 2014, 06:37:18 AM
:lol:  Pimpin', Boogie Nights style.  You go, Steve Dallas.   That white reminds me of my old Plymouth's interior.  Looked like a Pepsident commercial full of Phyllis Diller teeth.

I dunno, man...those Diplomat police packages took a beating back in the day;  not too sure how sure the grip will be.  :unsure:

I'll be going through the axle prior to it being installed. Bearings, drum brakes, and differential carrier.

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

CountDeMoney

Stop ecoshitting up the thread with nasty ass diesel Benzes.