Main Menu

Three Pillars of Leftdom

Started by The Brain, September 04, 2014, 11:53:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Razgovory

Quote from: The Brain on September 06, 2014, 06:47:57 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on September 06, 2014, 05:07:31 PM
I'm skeptical of some of the facts concerning Prohibition.  Like that it created the mob.  I was under the impression that the mob existed before Prohibition and existed after it.

Many things exist after being created.

But few things exist before.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Razgovory

Quote from: Sheilbh on September 06, 2014, 05:57:35 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on September 06, 2014, 05:46:36 PM
I had no idea that poisoning people was a victimless crime.
Nowt poisonous about booze. In moderation it's even good for you :)

The poison is in the dose, however it is still fairly poisonous.  Lots of people die of alcohol poisoning every year.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Sheilbh

Quote from: Razgovory on September 06, 2014, 07:56:09 PMThe poison is in the dose, however it is still fairly poisonous.  Lots of people die of alcohol poisoning every year.
The poison's always in the dose - with the exception of smoking.

Lots of people die from skin cancer, or health problems from obesity too.
Let's bomb Russia!

Razgovory

Quote from: Sheilbh on September 06, 2014, 08:09:40 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on September 06, 2014, 07:56:09 PMThe poison is in the dose, however it is still fairly poisonous.  Lots of people die of alcohol poisoning every year.
The poison's always in the dose - with the exception of smoking.

Lots of people die from skin cancer, or health problems from obesity too.

Very few people drop dead by walking outside from "sun poisoning" or simply eating to much in an afternoon.  Many people die from drinking to much in a night.  Food and sun by themselves are not poisonous.  Alcohol actually is.  It is poisonous even in small amounts.  The problem is that people find the detrimental effects of the poison pleasurable.  That's were cognitive dissonance kicks in and you get things like "Lots of people die of skin cancer".

Sheilbh

Okay, but I don't think many people drop dead from drinking too much on a night out of nowhere. Like skin cancer from sun bathing with no cream or obesity caused deaths from over-indulgence or a too rich diet it builds up to that level. Personally if you sun bathe regularly and you're not using any protection that is just dangerous and stupid. Stuff like fried butter, or deep-fried mars bars however delicious are far, far more a poison as a nice glass of muscadet.

It isn't poisonous in even small amounts. Look at all the stuff about how wine especially, in moderation, is good for you.

With the exception of smoking it's just another case of moderation in all things.
Let's bomb Russia!

Martinus

Quote from: Razgovory on September 06, 2014, 05:46:36 PM
Quote from: grumbler on September 06, 2014, 05:43:31 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on September 06, 2014, 05:11:42 PM
Gangs existed, and they did stuff, but my understanding is that the hundreds of billions of 2014 dollars' worth of revenues that Prohibition gave them created well-heeled, well-organized crime.

Now, prohibition can work, but not without being matched to an effective police state.
Prohibition would only work with a foreign police force.  No cop wants to arrest his partner's mother for a victimless crime, let alone his own mother.  That's why there prohibition only works in places like Saudi Arabia, where the government can hire desert Bedouin and other fanatics as their cops.

I had no idea that poisoning people was a victimless crime.

So, Duque gets called out for making stupid statements, but Raz doesn't for that? :D

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Martinus on September 07, 2014, 03:23:46 PM
So, Duque gets called out for making stupid statements, but Raz doesn't for that? :D

A lot of people are too wise/chicken to argue with Raz.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Martinus

So, I am just having a glass of chardonnay right now. Earlier I had a steak. Earlier still I practiced sodomy. And on top of this, I worked through Sunday on a highly stressful job.

I guess I should just be locked up.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Martinus on September 07, 2014, 03:30:40 PM
So, I am just having a glass of chardonnay right now.

You and your fucking wine glass mentions.  Enough already, attention whore.

The Brain

And yesterday's election means Leftism will be in power. GooooOOO VOTERS!! :w00t:
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 07, 2014, 03:34:04 PM
Quote from: Martinus on September 07, 2014, 03:30:40 PM
So, I am just having a glass of chardonnay right now.

You and your fucking wine glass mentions.  Enough already, attention whore.

Ultraman  :w00t:
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".