News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Bought a new to me used car.

Started by 11B4V, September 15, 2014, 01:30:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

11B4V

1980 Dodge Mirada

First order of business is swapping out the two barrel carb/intake for a four barrel carb/intake this weekend. Next will be swapping in a Sure-grip 8 1/4 rear axle from a Dippy cop car.

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

DGuller

You couldn't afford a car that required less work?

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Razgovory

Raz approves.  It's probably only marginally less dangerous then all those guns you have, but a guy has got to live!
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

grumbler

That interior looks nice; are the seats replacements, or just re-covered originals?  I always had my doubts about the utility of re-covering a seat whose springs are worn out.  But if that isn't the case with your new car, it's in amazing shape for its age.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

CountDeMoney

:lol:  Pimpin', Boogie Nights style.  You go, Steve Dallas.   That white reminds me of my old Plymouth's interior.  Looked like a Pepsident commercial full of Phyllis Diller teeth.

I dunno, man...those Diplomat police packages took a beating back in the day;  not too sure how sure the grip will be.  :unsure:

mongers

Funny how cars of that era are so distinctive, they all looked different from each other as compared to nowadays. 

British cars from that period however were generally pretty terrible with one or two exceptions.

11B4V, if you were other here, you should be restoring one of these, though probably not the V12 version:

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Grey Fox

A 1980 Mirada, I remember that smell.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

mongers

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Duque de Bragança

Grey Fox

Quote from: mongers on September 15, 2014, 07:23:08 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on September 15, 2014, 07:00:18 AM
A 1980 Mirada, I remember that smell.

teen spirit?

Too young for pot smot in 80s but I remember cigarette smoke.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: mongers on September 15, 2014, 06:45:04 AM
Funny how cars of that era are so distinctive, they all looked different from each other as compared to nowadays. 

You can have aesthetic variety or fuel efficiency, but not both.  :(
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on September 15, 2014, 08:18:09 AM
You can have aesthetic variety or fuel efficiency, but not both.  :(

Was tooling around in the old man's Ford hybrid, got beeped at braking too slowly, since it returns energy back to the battery.  HEY IM HYPERMILING HERE

Took it to work on Friday; 100 miles, round trip; .5 gallons used.  Suck it, Exxon Mobil.

Martinus

Quote from: mongers on September 15, 2014, 06:45:04 AM

Given that cars looks wildly different pretty much every decade I don't think this is very unusual. :P

KRonn

That looks like a version of K-Car, which I think it is or came later? Enjoy your restoration; sounds like your planning on adding to the car pretty nicely, not just restoring.   :)