And we're back!

Main Menu

Canadian Language Education Questions

Started by Savonarola, September 12, 2014, 11:02:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Berkut

I just wish they would send me to Paris for a meeting or something.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Barrister

Quote from: Berkut on September 17, 2014, 12:15:43 PM

What - being sent to Edmonton isn't good enough for you? :mad:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Razgovory

Quote from: viper37 on September 17, 2014, 10:57:23 AM
Yes, if you call between 9h-17h Monday to Friday and ask Brigitte for all your emergency need, you will have French support with limited knowledge of the St-Lawrence.  It ain't no french at all, ergo we are liars.

I think Berkut never got around the fact that didn't follow the US in the Irak war and he since hates all French speakers.  That or he's just a moron unable to read by himself unless it's spoonfed.

Say, if it ain't a problem to transfer the Marine rescue sub-center to Halifax, why not move the Halifax center to Quebec city?  Oh no wait, that's not the same...

What about me?  I wasn't keen on the Iraq war at all.  I don't feel any need to make immigrants speak English.  If 10,000 Mongolians want to move to mid Missouri, start their own town and create Mongolian language newspapers and do their own thing, that's fine.  It's a free country, they can do what they want.  So long as they don't form a horde and start pillaging the surrounding area.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Martinus

Quote from: Razgovory on September 17, 2014, 01:29:38 PM
Quote from: viper37 on September 17, 2014, 10:57:23 AM
Yes, if you call between 9h-17h Monday to Friday and ask Brigitte for all your emergency need, you will have French support with limited knowledge of the St-Lawrence.  It ain't no french at all, ergo we are liars.

I think Berkut never got around the fact that didn't follow the US in the Irak war and he since hates all French speakers.  That or he's just a moron unable to read by himself unless it's spoonfed.

Say, if it ain't a problem to transfer the Marine rescue sub-center to Halifax, why not move the Halifax center to Quebec city?  Oh no wait, that's not the same...

What about me?  I wasn't keen on the Iraq war at all.  I don't feel any need to make immigrants speak English.  If 10,000 Mongolians want to move to mid Missouri, start their own town and create Mongolian language newspapers and do their own thing, that's fine.  It's a free country, they can do what they want.  So long as they don't form a horde and start pillaging the surrounding area.

I wasn't keen on the Iraq war either.

Malthus

Quote from: Barrister on September 17, 2014, 12:43:16 PM

What - being sent to Edmonton isn't good enough for you? :mad:

Heh, I hate business travel. I always think I will have time to see the local sights and activities and it always turns out all I see is the inside of a boardroom.

Why, if I was sent to Edmonton on business, I bet I would not even have time to survey the local tundra, or take in even one francophone lynching.  :(
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Grallon

Quote from: Grey Fox on September 17, 2014, 11:19:44 AM

I live in a different world than Viper's.  I use english, both spoken & written, everyday and not just to argue with Yanks on the internet. It's not just a zeitgeist for me like it seems to be for him and Grallon.

No wonder you advocate loose rules when writing in french - you're already halfway through assimilation.  <_<

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Malthus on September 17, 2014, 01:38:03 PM
Why, if I was sent to Edmonton on business, I bet I would not even have time to survey the local tundra, or take in even one francophone lynching.  :(

Don't you have those in Toronto?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Martinus

I was in Paris on business two weeks ago. I made sure to order a burger with fries at a restaurant.

Malthus

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on September 17, 2014, 01:41:32 PM
Quote from: Malthus on September 17, 2014, 01:38:03 PM

Don't you have those in Toronto?

Well short of the tundra, and no francophones to lynch.  :(
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Martinus on September 17, 2014, 01:43:10 PM

I was in Paris on business two weeks ago. I made sure to order a burger with fries at a restaurant.

Did the fries come with mayonnaise? :x

Martinus

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on September 17, 2014, 01:45:02 PM

Did the fries come with mayonnaise? :x

Nay, good sir.

That being said, I ate french fries with mayo a lot when I lived in Brussels - they make for a good side dish with moules and the heavy dark Belgian beer.

Duque de Bragança

Bah, just another idiot tourist getting overcharged. Probably paid by the company. Move along.

Eddie Teach

While Marty may not care much about being overcharged, I'm sure he can read the prices on the menu.

Martinus

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on September 17, 2014, 01:54:28 PM

Bah, just another idiot tourist getting overcharged. Probably paid by the company. Move along.

You and viper spouting insults without provocation is actually quite funny.