Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

R.I.P. Richard Kiel, dead at 74. :(
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

mongers

:(

It was nice that he carved out a bit of character in the movies he played, rather than just being someone who played the monsters.

I was just reading about this and apparently he, Brit Ekland and Roger Moore were on bbc reunion radio programme last week. I'll find the link for it.

Sir Roger Moore and Kiel were last together just a week ago, when they recorded the BBC Radio 4 show The Reunion, with Britt Ekland. Sir Roger said he was "totally distraught to learn of my dear friend Richard Kiel's passing". The pair will forever be linked in the minds of 1970s film-goers - with Moore's Bond squaring up to Kiel's steel-toothed villain.

Radio interview/programme here:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b04g6zg8

oh, can we have the thread title properly spaced and capitalised, please.

I guess it was a humour one, but some of us won't get it and out of a appropriate mark of respect for the guy.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

derspiess

RIP.  I think he was the first bad guy I found to be cool.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on September 11, 2014, 08:38:45 AM
RIP.  I think he was the first bad guy I found to be cool.

Pretty sure he was the first recurring baddie in the movies that just wouldn't die.  :lol: