News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Conkers and you

Started by Brazen, September 08, 2014, 08:15:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: Malthus on September 09, 2014, 09:01:57 AM
Only god knows what tolerating conkers could lead to!

I've no idea, but I draw a red line at harassing trees! :angry:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Martinus

Quote from: mongers on September 08, 2014, 05:07:34 PM
Quote from: Martinus on September 08, 2014, 03:30:46 PM
Quote from: Brazen on September 08, 2014, 10:02:33 AM
Quote from: Martinus on September 08, 2014, 10:01:20 AM
Quote from: mongers on September 08, 2014, 08:38:17 AM
Very timely thread, it reminds me I need to get out into the forest and harass some sweet chestnut trees.   :bowler:

What the fuck? Why would someone adult to that?
SWEET chestnut. For eating  :rolleyes:

Still. Why would an adult man do that? More importantly, what adult man with a stable job and no kids to humour with antics like that would consider going into the forest to "harass some sweet chestnut trees"?

I find his lifestyle atrociously disturbing.

How ironic that a champion of diversity should utterly fail to understand what diversity means.

I have never been a champion of diversity.  :huh:

garbon

Quote from: Martinus on September 09, 2014, 09:07:05 AM
Quote from: mongers on September 08, 2014, 05:07:34 PM
Quote from: Martinus on September 08, 2014, 03:30:46 PM
Quote from: Brazen on September 08, 2014, 10:02:33 AM
Quote from: Martinus on September 08, 2014, 10:01:20 AM
Quote from: mongers on September 08, 2014, 08:38:17 AM
Very timely thread, it reminds me I need to get out into the forest and harass some sweet chestnut trees.   :bowler:

What the fuck? Why would someone adult to that?
SWEET chestnut. For eating  :rolleyes:

Still. Why would an adult man do that? More importantly, what adult man with a stable job and no kids to humour with antics like that would consider going into the forest to "harass some sweet chestnut trees"?

I find his lifestyle atrociously disturbing.

How ironic that a champion of diversity should utterly fail to understand what diversity means.

I have never been a champion of diversity.  :huh:

I think he means about how you want your lifestyle tolerated which is a diversion from typical heterosexuality.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Malthus

See what tolerating your homosexuality has led to? Now we are expected to applaud while Mongers rapes trees.  :(

Look, just because they "got wood" doesn't mean they are consenting!  :mad:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Martinus

Quote from: garbon on September 09, 2014, 09:13:59 AM
I think he means about how you want your lifestyle tolerated which is a diversion from typical heterosexuality.

I know what he means but this argument just does not make any sense. People's characteristics should be judged individually - a worldview where every deviation is acceptable and fine is equally idiotic as a worldview where no deviations from the norm are tolerated.

garbon

Quote from: Martinus on September 09, 2014, 09:35:55 AM

I know what he means but this argument just does not make any sense. People's characteristics should be judged individually - a worldview where every deviation is acceptable and fine is equally idiotic as a worldview where no deviations from the norm are tolerated.

I agree. :hug:

Syt

Gathering chestnuts? What's next? Hunting for mushrooms??? Madness!!

Seriously, I don't see the big deal if someone wants to gather some themselves instead of paying ridiculous markups at the shops. Might has well declare anyone planting their own fruits or vegetables a deviant.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

garbon

Quote from: Syt on September 09, 2014, 09:42:57 AM

Seriously, I don't see the big deal if someone wants to gather some themselves instead of paying ridiculous markups at the shops. Might has well declare anyone planting their own fruits or vegetables a deviant.

I wouldn't refer to any of those things as harassment, YMMV.

Grey Fox

You guys are misinterpreting Marti's issue with.

Going into a forest is the real problem.

I've never played conquer, I have no idea what that game is.

There are 2 Chestnut tree in my back yard, they are still very small tho. Neither of them have produced fruits yet.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Syt

Quote from: garbon on September 09, 2014, 09:44:34 AM
Quote from: Syt on September 09, 2014, 09:42:57 AM

I wouldn't refer to any of those things as harassment, YMMV.

I don't think Mart took umbrage to the word "harass" but going out to gather chestnuts in the first place.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

mongers

Quote from: garbon on September 09, 2014, 09:39:22 AM

I'm astonished that two of the most intolerant people on the forum should agree on this issue, you could literally knock me over with a feather.  :bowler:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

garbon

Quote from: mongers on September 09, 2014, 10:20:43 AM
Quote from: garbon on September 09, 2014, 09:39:22 AM

I'm astonished that two of the most intolerant people on the forum should agree on this issue, you could literally knock me over with a feather.  :bowler:

I think you may have me confused with grallon. That's intolerance.

grumbler

Quote from: Malthus on September 09, 2014, 09:01:57 AM
Only god knows what tolerating conkers could lead to! 

They'd try to take over the tree-based-fruit world.  You'd have weird things like Conker'd grapes.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Tonitrus

This thread is going down the tubes faster than the Conker'de.