And we're back!

Main Menu

Serial cat killer terrorizes Miami!

Started by Jaron, June 11, 2009, 06:03:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Quote from: The Brain on June 12, 2009, 11:15:53 AM
Quote from: Malthus on June 12, 2009, 11:00:55 AM
Her reaction to strangers is to walk right up to them and demand affection.

Sounds like my wife. <_<
And since when have you had a wife? :yeahright:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

jimmy olsen

Looks like they caught the scumbag!   :menace:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/31354464/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/

QuoteTeen accused of cat mutilations
Tips led to surveillance of parents' house

updated 2 hours, 19 minutes ago

MIAMI - A teenager was arrested early Sunday and accused of committing a string of gruesome cat mutilation deaths that had horrified residents of his Miami area community, authorities said.

For the past month, shocked pet owners in the Palmetto Bay and Cutler Bay neighborhoods have reported finding more than two dozen cats killed and mutilated. Some of the dead cats were missing fur and appeared to have been cut with a sharp, straight instrument, police said.

Tyler Weinman, 18, was taken into custody early Sunday at a party, police said. Weinman was charged with 19 counts of animal cruelty, 19 counts of improperly disposing of an animal body and four counts of burglary.

Police put the home of one of Weinman's parents under surveillance several weeks ago after receiving tips from community members, said Miami-Dade Police Department Maj. Julie Miller.

"This terrible time has drawn us together as a community, further emphasizing the importance of knowing our neighbors, communicating with each other, and always staying vigilant to suspicious activities whenever or wherever they may occur in our village," said Palmetto Bay Mayor Eugene Flinn.

Weinman was being questioned by police Sunday. It wasn't clear if he had an attorney. Messages left at phone numbers for his parents were not immediately returned.

In all, the deaths of more than 30 cats were under investigation, but Miller said some of those cats were likely killed by dogs. She said additional arrests might be forthcoming, but she declined to name other suspects.

"I sincerely hope that with his arrest, the residents will feel relieved and their cats will be safe once again," said State Attorney Katherine Fernandez Rundle. "It is expected that the vicious crimes that have plagued these communities will not be repeated."

Copyright 2009 The Associated Press
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

jimmy olsen

1 Karma Chameleon point

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

QuotePolice put the home of one of Weinman's parents under surveillance several weeks ago after receiving tips from community members,

Somebody always knows something.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 14, 2009, 05:41:28 PM
QuotePolice put the home of one of Weinman's parents under surveillance several weeks ago after receiving tips from community members,

So CdM what would you have done if you caught this guy going after your cat?

1 Karma Chameleon point

CountDeMoney

Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 14, 2009, 08:06:42 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 14, 2009, 05:41:28 PM

So CdM what would you have done if you caught this guy going after your cat?

Dude, I found my cat in the Uplands projects.  She is a true niggytat, representin' sa Wes'side. 
She'd twist that nigga's cap off faster than he could say "Meow Mix", and slice him good.

Jos Theelen

Nice kid

QuoteMIAMI – The answer to mysterious cat killings that horrified pet owners and disturbed residents of two South Florida communities for months was not far away from where the animals' mutilated bodies were discovered, authorities say.

In some cases, investigators said the suspect was just a few houses away.

Tyler Hayes Weinman, whose divorced parents live in the neighborhoods where many of the cats were killed, was charged Sunday with 19 counts each of animal cruelty and improperly disposing of an animal body.

"It's shocking to think that someone who lives right here and is our neighbor would do something like this," said Thomas Shad, a Cutler Bay resident whose black cat, Miss Kitty, was among the dead. The body of the small feral cat — which Shad and his wife, Mary Lou, had fed and cared for about a year — was found behind an abandoned house, near the hedges where she slept.

"Now we feel like we can let our cats out of the patio," said Shad, as the couple's new kitten, Miss Prissy, played near his feet. "Perhaps we have part of our life back."

Authorities said they had been watching Weinman for some time. A few weeks ago, investigators swept in to interview him on his prom night, neighbors said, picking him up in his tuxedo before the big dance. He was arrested at a party on Sunday.

Jaron

I hope he got laid, because he'll be in prison for a VERY long time. Like, maybe 6 months even.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Octavian

Quote from: Jos Theelen on June 15, 2009, 03:38:07 AM
Tyler Hayes Weinman, whose divorced parents .

Divorced children. Always fucked up!  :rolleyes:
If you let someone handcuff you, and put a rope around your neck, don't act all surprised if they hang you!

- Eyal Yanilov.

Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely - lay your life before him.

- Bruce Lee

Jos Theelen

Quote from: Octavian on June 15, 2009, 04:25:04 AM
Quote from: Jos Theelen on June 15, 2009, 03:38:07 AM
Tyler Hayes Weinman, whose divorced parents .

Divorced children. Always fucked up!  :rolleyes:

I see. So because the number of divorces has risen substantially in the past, younger people are more fucked up than elder people. Look at Iran, it has a lot of young people -> unrest.

Neil

Quote from: Jaron on June 15, 2009, 04:08:42 AM
I hope he got laid, because he'll be in prison for a VERY long time. Like, maybe 6 months even.
Hey now, he's not going to prison.  Juvenile detention, which in Miami means he'll have to bunk with a bunch of filthy Mexicans.  That'll scare him straight.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.