And we're back!

Main Menu

Serial cat killer terrorizes Miami!

Started by Jaron, June 11, 2009, 06:03:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

Quote from: Iormlund on June 12, 2009, 07:01:07 AM
So how long until Dexter gets this one?
Killing animals wouldn't qualify under Harry's code.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Drakken

Man, what a lame serial killer. Don't even have the cojones to attack humans, so he turns to cats instead.

Unfortunately, cat killing carries neither capital nor life-imprisonement sentences. Maybe he found a solution to all these wannabee serial-killers out there.  :lol:

DisturbedPervert

Quote from: Drakken on June 12, 2009, 10:03:46 AM
Man, what a lame serial killer. Don't even have the cojones to attack humans, so he turns to cats instead.

He's still in training.  He'll move on to kids and the elderly soon enough.

Jaron

The killing spree continues... aren't the police trying to do something? :(

Cat Killings Increasingly Violent
Tips Lead Police To Several Persons Of Interest

POSTED: Wednesday, June 10, 2009
UPDATED: 10:00 am EDT June 12, 2009
PALMETTO BAY, Fla. -- Three more cats were found slain in Palmetto Bay on Thursday morning, and police said the cat killings that began in April are growing more violent.

Chloe, a striped 12-year-old tabby cat, was discovered Thursday morning with her body chopped into pieces. Her owner, Joylene Ceballos, cried when she heard the news.

"I grew up with that cat, and then you wake up one morning and it's murdered. It's a sick, twisted crime for no reason," Ceballos said.

Chloe was among three cats found killed Thursday in the same Palmetto Bay neighborhood. Each cat was placed in plain sight for residents to find.

"It's just really awful. It is really, really an awful sight," Ceballos said.

Miami-Dade police said that since April, 33 cases involving dead cats have been reported. Eighteen of the cases, which involved a total of 19 dead cats, have been confirmed as animal cruelty, police said. Those cases happened in Palmetto Bay, Cutler Bay and Kendall.

Investigators believe a group of people could be responsible for the cat killings.

"These individuals are very inhumane. These are innocent animals. It's a very cowardly act. We are actively working this case to bring closure to this," said Detective Aida Fina-Milian of the Miami-Dade Police Department.

Meanwhile, dozens of tips to Crimestoppers have led police to persons of interest, but no arrests have been made.

"They have no heart," Ceballos said.

Five Cats' Bodies Found Wednesday

Five cats were discovered slain Wednesday in Palmetto Bay. Three cats' bodies were found Wednesday morning near Southwest 87th Avenue and 146th Street, Local 10's Jen Herrera reported.

"I just saw some people with the animal police taking out cats in garbage bags and putting them inside the truck, and I heard just two days ago there was another one in Palmetto Bay, where they skinned a cat," said witness Matthew Edminsten. "If they're killing cats around here, hopefully I see this guy doing it."

At about noon, a cat belonging to a police officer was found killed in a front lawn.

"Everyone in the neighborhood knows it's a police officer's house. Another police officer lives right across the street. It's just crazy someone has the nerve to do this," resident Michael Miller told Herrera.

A woman who lives near Southwest 160th Street and 84th Avenue found a fifth cat's body in her front yard on Wednesday afternoon. At about 4 p.m., the resident went for a walk and didn't see the cat. She returned an hour later to find the cat's body, which she believes was thrown into her yard in broad daylight.

Families are on edge as the cat killings continue in Palmetto Bay, Cutler Bay and Kendall.

"It's scary. I've got three cats. I think the whole thing is absolutely bizarre," said resident Robert Holley. "I can't believe somebody can cruise up and down or not be seen as suspicious. It's really eerie."

Last week, one of Wayne Edwards' cats was found mutilated on a neighbor's front lawn.

"You can't catch a cat. You can walk in my yard right now, and they'd scatter, just like that. How he is getting them, I don't know," Edwards said.

Edwards has organized a neighborhood patrol that he said would continue until a suspect is arrested.

"I patrol. There's another lady that patrols with me. We take turns. I'm going to find him. If they don't find him, I will," Edwards said.

The reward for information leading to an arrest in the case is up to $12,000.

The discussion continues: Do you TWEET? Follow Talkto10 on Twitter or WPLG Local 10 on Facebook.

I bet that bitchy ass Edwards dude will be human victim #1
Winner of THE grumbler point.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Jaron on June 12, 2009, 10:52:43 AM
At about noon, a cat belonging to a police officer was found killed in a front lawn.

"Everyone in the neighborhood knows it's a police officer's house. Another police officer lives right across the street. It's just crazy someone has the nerve to do this," resident Michael Miller told Herrera.

Wow, these fuckers have balls of steel.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Savonarola

In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Jaron

DisturbedPervert

"You can't catch a cat. You can walk in my yard right now, and they'd scatter, just like that. How he is getting them, I don't know," Edwards said.

I'm guessing bacon.

Malthus

Our cat would be an easy victim - she loves people. Her reaction to strangers is to walk right up to them and demand affection.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

HVC

Woe to the man CdM catches trying to kill his cat.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Malthus

Quote from: HVC on June 12, 2009, 11:03:43 AM

OTOH, the niggerfish would have food for a *year* at least.  Assuming CdM's freezer is big enough. :D
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Jaron

Quote from: Malthus on June 12, 2009, 11:05:08 AM
Quote from: HVC on June 12, 2009, 11:03:43 AM

OTOH, the niggerfish would have food for a *year* at least.  Assuming CdM's freezer is big enough. :D

Tell me the truth, Malthus. Did your people, the elders or whatnot, create Obama?

Malthus

Quote from: Jaron on June 12, 2009, 11:06:45 AM

Tell me the truth, Malthus. Did your people, the elders or whatnot, create Obama?

I'd tell you, but then I'd have to mutilate your cat.

Jaron

At least you people have given up on the gentile baby thing.

The Brain

Quote from: Malthus on June 12, 2009, 11:00:55 AM
Her reaction to strangers is to walk right up to them and demand affection.

Sounds like my wife. <_<
Women want me. Men want to be with me.