News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Victoria 2, any decent mods?

Started by Josquius, August 14, 2014, 02:11:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

What the topic says.
I really fancy playing a game but going through the same old vanilla game (with the addons).....meh. Done that.
██████
██████
██████

garbon

POPs of Darkness.

Also, it is still being built but the additional mod (adds on to POPs of Darkness) is that Concert of Europe one that starts it in 1821.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Drakken

Quote from: garbon on August 14, 2014, 02:33:25 PM
POPs of Darkness.

Also, it is still being built but the additional mod (adds on to POPs of Darkness) is that Concert of Europe one that starts it in 1821.

I add to that Divide by Zero, GAGA Extreme's own update and correction to PoD. The latter is now considered complete and no longer updated.

garbon

Isn't Divide by Zero currently suffering from bugs? I've been seeing a flurry of posts in that thread as of late.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Drakken

Quote from: garbon on August 15, 2014, 05:05:13 AM
Isn't Divide by Zero currently suffering from bugs? I've been seeing a flurry of posts in that thread as of late.

There was one earlier version that had Europe turn communist before 1900, but it seems to be fixed.

GAGA pulled a new version this week, and from my play it was fine, and GAGA did ask about feedback about these early communist revolts before releasing it.

Josquius

Thanks.
I'm trying this concert of Europe. A slightly earlier start works well.
██████
██████
██████

Solmyr

Got the V2 bundle and now looking at these mods. Do they work together? I'm interested in trying the Concert of Europe, which says that it should be loaded instead of PoD, but how does Divide by Zero apply to this?

garbon

I believe most of the current PDM mods incorporate PoD so as said, no need to check that too. I also think that Concert of Europe and Divide by Zero are not compatible. Creator of Concert of Europe noted that he planned to start porting some of the DbZ stuff.

Razgovory

Okay, what is POPs of darkness and Divide by zero?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

garbon

Razgovory

They never taught you to actually be useful while at Stanford, did they?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

garbon

I think you have ample time to look for yourself. After all PDM has its own wiki.

jimmy olsen

POPs of Darkness.

Why 1821? Why not 1815?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

grumbler

Quote from: jimmy olsen on October 04, 2014, 03:42:45 AM
POPs of Darkness.

Why 1821? Why not 1815?
At a guess, because South/Central America is a mess and hard to create events for until things start to clarify themselves in 1821 (a bunch of countries declare independence).
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Valmy

Ok I got it for $5.99.  Thanks for the heads up.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."