The Shooting Gallery: Police Violence MEGATHREAD

Started by Syt, August 11, 2014, 04:09:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Quote from: 11B4V on July 12, 2016, 06:35:18 PM
I watched most of it and it was an excellent speech. Onus on the cops, African-Americans, Krackers, and the country. Well done speech.

He mentioned himself 45 times in that speech.  But no, not a narcissist.  Not at all.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

grumbler

Quote from: derspiess on July 12, 2016, 05:11:03 PM
He's blameless in his own mind; he just uses a thin veneer of humility.

Thanks for the mind reading, Madam Derspiess.

The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Quote from: DGuller on July 12, 2016, 06:18:30 PM
I think you may want to lay off trolling for a while, people are legitimately unable to distinguish your act from your real self.

You really think there is a "real self" to his schtick?  I think it is all trolling.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Quote from: 11B4V on July 12, 2016, 06:35:18 PM
I watched most of it and it was an excellent speech. Onus on the cops, African-Americans, Krackers, and the country. Well done speech.

I thought it was probably the best speech I've heard from him.  Excellent delivery.  Kinda hurt by the audience clapping at the wrong times, but he couldn't do anything about that.

Bayraktar!

Razgovory

It's indistinguishable from the statements from many actual republicans.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/07/12/baton-rouge-police-plot-attack-officers/

QuoteAha, the truth is NOW coming out...Racist Barry Odumbo already convicted the police....Odumbo lied, 5 white cops died

QuoteEveryone needs to hear the truth about who is killed more by who because obama got this started with his lies.

Obama has blood on his hands for many of the things he has done have led to wars and murders and so this is a small bit of blood compared to his body count from Fast and Furious, the war in Libya which lit the Mid-East and North Africa (BLM anyone) on fire again with arms obama and hillary (and mccain) supplied.

And this is why if enough people knew enough then he would not be looked to for leadership, he would be known for what he is and his schemes would be obvious.

QuoteObama's homies

Despite making up just 13% of the population, blacks committed half of homicides in the United States for nearly 30 years.

DOJ statistics show that between 1980 and 2008, black people committed 52% of homicides.

In 2013, black criminals committed 38% of the murders. Whites accounted for just 31 percent.

There are five times fewer black people than white people in America and, yet, they consistently carry out a larger share of the crimes? Given this rate, it's no wonder that there aren't more assistances where cops kill black criminals.

It would take cops 40 years to kill as many black men as have died at the hands of others black men in 2012 alone.

University of Toledo criminologist Dr. Richard R. Johnson examined the latest crime datafrom the FBI's Supplementary Homicide Reports and Centers for Disease Control and found that an average of 4,472 black men were killed by other black men annually between Jan. 1, 2009, and Dec. 31, 2012.

Professor Johnson's research further concluded that 112 black men died from both justified and unjustified police-involved killings annually during this same period.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

fromtia

Quote from: Ed Anger on July 12, 2016, 05:55:08 PM
I loved Dubya swaying and bouncing during the Battle Hymn of the Republic.

Open bar. He fell off the wagon.
"Just be nice" - James Dalton, Roadhouse.

Tonitrus

Quote from: fromtia on July 13, 2016, 12:57:07 AM

Nah, he's just likes to groove...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gpfjghFHsE

Maladict

Quote from: dps on July 12, 2016, 05:18:32 PM
If you want to assign blame, let's blame the Dutch for introducing African slaves into the New World.  If reparations are to be paid, it should be The Netherlands doing the paying.

I've never heard of this dubious honour. :huh:

I thought that, as with football, it's the Portuguese who are to be blamed for everything unsavoury  :P

CountDeMoney

Quote from: fromtia on July 13, 2016, 12:57:07 AM

You have to hand it to the man:  so many have promised that the frat party would never end after graduation; he actually delivered.  #StElmosFire

jimmy olsen

Another speech from a surpising source

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/on-the-senate-floor-black-gop-senator-talks-of-disrespect-from-police/2016/07/13/db67c7de-4949-11e6-bdb9-701687974517_story.html?hpid=hp_rhp-more-top-stories_no-name%3Ahomepage%2Fstory

QuoteBy David Weigel

July 13 at 7:46 PM  

South Carolina's Tim Scott, the sole black Republican in the Senate, delivered a bristling and personal speech Wednesday in which he talked of being questioned by police simply because of his race.

"There's a deep divide between the black community and law enforcement — a trust gap," Scott said. "I do not know many African American men who do not have a very similar story to tell, no matter their profession, no matter their income, no matter their disposition in life."

Scott, whose political career began 21 years ago on Charleston's City Council, joined Congress in 2010 by defeating one of the sons of former senator Strom Thurmond. He served just one term in the House before being elevated to the Senate by Gov. Nikki Haley (R), the state's first female and nonwhite governor. After they endorsed Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) for president, Haley joked that the future of the Republican Party "looked like a United Colors of Benetton ad."

But Scott, the first black Republican in the Senate since the 1970s, did not leap forward to be a spokesman on race. As recently as last September, Scott defended the use of the term "All Lives Matter," which the Black Lives Matter movement views as another way to diminish the threats that black people live with in America, telling CNN that "if that is somehow offensive to someone, that's their issue, not mine."

That heightened the drama of Scott's speech, the second of three he is giving in response to last week's shootings. "The good Lord has given me a soapbox, and I'm going to use this soapbox to talk about what needs to be spoken about," he told his home town newspaper this week. On Tuesday, Scott praised the sacrifices of police officers; on Wednesday he described the worst of seven humiliating incidents with the police since winning public office that had humiliated him.

"The vast majority of time, I was pulled over for nothing more than driving a new car in the wrong neighborhood, or some reason just as trivial," Scott said. "Imagine the frustration, the irritation, the sense of a loss of dignity that accompanies each of those stops."

Another time, Scott said, he was entering one of the Senate's offices wearing the pin that identified him as a member of Congress. An officer stopped him, demanding his identification.

"I was thinking to myself: Either he thinks I'm committing a crime, impersonating a member of Congress, or what?" Scott said.

That incident elicited the third call Scott has received from Capitol police to offer an apology for misidentifying him. He was not the first black legislator with a similar story; In 2006, Rep. Cynthia McKinney (D-Ga.) got into a scuffle with an officer who did not recognize her. McKinney's incident created a brief national firestorm. Scott did not tell his story until Wednesday.

"While I thank God I have not endured bodily harm, I have, however, felt the pressure applied by the scales of justice when they are slanted," Scott said. "I have felt the anger, the frustration, the sadness and the humiliation that comes with the feeling that you are being targeted for being nothing more than yourself."
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

NYPD  :rolleyes:

http://nypost.com/2015/09/01/cop-suing-over-minority-arrest-quotas-says-he-faced-retaliation/
QuoteNYPD set arrest quotas for minority cops in their own communities: suit

By Selim Algar and Josh Saul

A dozen black and ​Hispanic police officers have sued the city and the NYPD​, saying bosses forced them to carry out illegal arrest quotas "against their own minority community" — and one of those cops simultaneously filed a​ separate federal lawsuit claiming he faced retaliation from his fellow cops and police brass when he complained about the "racially discriminatory and illegal mandatory enforcement activity," new court papers state.

Police officer Adhyl Polanco claims his locker was plastered over with pictures of police union president Patrick Lynch last year and that another officer called him a "f—— bitch" because of his scathing critiques, his Brooklyn federal court lawsuit states.

Meanwhile, Polanco and 11 other minority cops claimed in Manhattan federal court that the quotas disproportionately affect them — more than white cops — because they "are unwilling to perform racially discriminatory and unwarranted enforcement actions against the minority community."

The Post exclusively reported on Polanco and allegations that quotas are discriminatory toward minorities in March.

By forcing minority cops to comply with the "illegal quota system," the city and the NYPD are subjecting black and Latino cops to unfair evaluations and discipline, the suit states.

The suit also says the performance evaluation is unfair because it's not evenly applied to all precincts and that cops in precincts with lots of minorities have to make more arrests and issue more tickets than cops in "a precinct located in a predominantly white residential area," the suit states.

The 12 named plaintiffs in the suit are all black and Latino NYPD officers who claim to have been penalized for reporting and complaining about "the illegal quotas and its racially discriminatory application against the minority community," the suit states.

The top NYPD spokesman said that the department doesn't use quotas.

"There are no numerical enforcement quotas established by the NYPD," police department spokesman Stephen Davis said in a statement.

"Performance evaluations are conducted for all department employees based on an assessment of their duties, responsibilities and specific conditions of their assignments."

A city Law Department spokesman said the city would evaluate the merits of each of these claims and respond accordingly once they are served.

Polanco — who testified against the city in a federal high-profile stop-and-frisk case — joined the NYPD in 2005 and began blasting controversial department tactics to a host of media outlets beginning in 2009.

"The substance of officer Polanco's statements was his opposition to the unfair, racially discriminatory and illegal mandatory enforcement activity which targets the minority African-American and Latino community to which officer Polanco belongs," the suit states.

In addition to his media campaign, Polanco reported alleged departmental wrongdoing to the NYPD Internal Affairs Bureau.

According to his Brooklyn federal court lawsuit against the city and the NYPD, Polanco contends that his whistleblowing quickly resulted in a sustained campaign of retaliation — including repeated suspensions, promotion denials and suggestions that he was mentally ill.

The measures included "1500 days suspension without pay, ... over 1500 days on restricted duty psychological hold without cause, no vacation for four years, no overtime for four years" and other punishments.

"In January 2010, Officer Polanco was further retaliated against for his opposition to the racially discriminatory quota practices of the NYPD by being placed on modified assignment transfer out of command and placed on mental watch through 2015," the suit states.

Polanco claims that his locker was "vandalized by being pasted over with photographs of PBA Union Leader Patrick Lynch" last year and that another cop called him a "f—— b—-" because of his demand for reforms.

He complained to internal affairs about the mistreatment but was ignored, the suit states.

"Plaintiff also requested a transfer out of this precinct as his safety is under threat in this environment but his request was not addressed," the suit states.

Despite enjoying seniority over several counterparts, Polanco claims he has been given posts and assignments inferior to white colleagues' "for failing to meet monthly summons and arrests quotas."

Polanco claims that the retaliation intensified after he testified in several federal class-action suits against the city that opposed stop-and-frisk strategies.

"The discriminatory actions of the Defendants are ongoing and continue to this day," the suit states.

Gawker has a police Captain on audio pressuring an officer to stop more African-Americans.

http://gawker.com/heres-audio-of-what-sounds-like-an-nypd-captain-pressur-1783544682?utm_source=fark&utm_medium=website&utm_content=link

QuoteCommanding Officer: Who commits the crimes in the city?

Birch: Who commits the crimes? Well, it's mostly teenagers, anywhere between the ages of 15 and 19, mostly male blacks and Hispanics.

OK. Who are you stopping?

Everybody. I stop everybody.

Fifty-four TABs up to 8/20. Twenty-five of those are female. Half.

Like I said, I stop everybody. I'm not targeting anybody.

You just told me who the bad guys are.

Yeah, I know that. But there's also other people who are committing violations as well. I'm not saying that there's not violations being made.

The male blacks, that you told me commit the crimes—

Plenty of people that I write summonses to are male blacks and male Hispanics.

You stopped two male blacks.

Not for the whole year. You're telling me for the whole year I only stopped two male blacks on summonses?

8/20. From January 1st to August 20th. Fifty-four TABs: two male blacks, seven Hispanics, seven other, ten white, three Asian. So where are you targeting the perps that you just told me?

Like I said, if I don't see a perp jumping over the turnstile, what am I supposed to do to him?

These people are not going to pop.

How do I know that? A female Hispanic that I stopped in Sheepshead Bay did pop, actually, for a warrant, and I arrested her. Female Hispanic. The Hispanics that we're supposed to be going after. That are committing the crimes. The people that I—

Did you think that she was going to pop?

Did I think she was going to pop? I didn't put no thought into it. If you come up for a collar, I'm taking you in.

Here's what I see. You just described to me who's committing the crimes. You're fully aware of it. But you're not targeting those people.

I am. I'm targeting everybody.

Two male blacks.

Whoever is out there. If I—

So you only saw two male blacks jump the turnstile?

If you're saying that's what's in front of you, then yes, that's all I saw, is two male blacks for the whole year jumping the turnstile. If you're saying that's what's in front of you, I'm not disputing that. If that's what I got there.

That is what you have. That is not disputed here.

I'm saying, we're also talking Hispanics as well. I stopped a lot of Hispanics, too.

Seven male Hispanics. But more than half are female.

And like I said, everybody's committing violations in front of me.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

citizen k

Most Cops Are Criminals And Here's The Proof

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DooW3EnX_e4

Videos of Alton Sterling being murdered by two Baton Rouge police officers ignited protest and outrage throughout the country. Immediately after killing Alton Sterling, the police department immediately went into damage control mode, locking down the store where it occurred, detaining its owner and illegally seizing the security camera footage.

garbon

That is proof that most cops are criminals? How about you don't post shitty blog posts?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

citizen k has been deep into the conspiracy theory bullshit for awhile now. If you are not completely pure, you are completely evil type teenage nonsense.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."