The Shooting Gallery: Police Violence MEGATHREAD

Started by Syt, August 11, 2014, 04:09:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habbaku

Quote from: derspiess on July 12, 2016, 05:11:03 PM
He's blameless in his own mind; he just uses a thin veneer of humility.

How is Obama in any way blame-worthy for what happened in Dallas?
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

CountDeMoney

If only Rudy Guiliani had gotten there in time.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: 11B4V on July 12, 2016, 08:46:33 AM

Politics . He does give a shit about the black man, unless it gets his VP selection from Trump.
That kind of statement is much more likely to hurt his chances of being VP than help.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

derspiess

Quote from: Habbaku on July 12, 2016, 05:33:38 PM

How is Obama in any way blame-worthy for what happened in Dallas?

He's probably not. But that's beside the point.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

lol, "probably."  Congress should look into that. 

I mean, that whole Poland thing could just have been an elaborately staged hoax; he never went there in the first place.  WIKTOR ONE

Ed Anger

I loved Dubya swaying and bouncing during the Battle Hymn of the Republic.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

sbr

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 12, 2016, 05:54:57 PM

I mean, that whole Poland thing could just have been an elaborately staged hoax; he never went there in the first place.  WIKTOR ONE

Threw that in there just for you hon.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Berkut

"He" is blameless?

Just because he is black doesn't mean he is the representative of all black people. They are each, individually, people themselves.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

DGuller

Quote from: derspiess on July 12, 2016, 06:01:59 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 12, 2016, 05:54:57 PM

Threw that in there just for you hon.
I think you may want to lay off trolling for a while, people are legitimately unable to distinguish your act from your real self.

11B4V

http://m.wmctv.com/wmctv/db_381569/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=3Geqzt55

TOP STORIES 1 of 1

Marine stops man from killing Memphis officer
WMCActionNews5.com Staff, Rose Eiklor
Jul 6, 2016 03:45 PM
MEMPHIS, TN (WMC) - A good Samaritan spotted a Memphis police officer in trouble, so he stepped in to help.

Memphis Police Department said an officer saw a man trying to sell an EBT card outside Cash Saver on Madison Avenue around 1:20 Monday morning.

The officer asked Michael Greene to walk with him to the police car, but Greene started acting very nervous. When the officer patted him down to look for weapons, he felt a metal pipe in Greene's waistband.

The officer put one handcuff on Greene, at which point the officer said Greene hit him in the face with the handcuffs. Greene hit him several times with his fist and tried to grab the pipe in his waistband. According to the report, Greene screamed, "I will kill you, you little (expletive)."

This is when Marine Darryle Tate drove by. He saw what was happening and jumped out of his car.

"One handcuff was on this arm, and he was using the loose part of the handcuff to hit the officer," Tate recalled.

Tate was able to pull Greene off of the officer and get control of the situation.

"I just straddled him out--put my arm around his neck and pulled him up with enough force to get him off the ground," Tate said.

Tate spent 25 years as an active duty Marine. He also served as a police officer in California.

Memphis Police Department said Tate may have saved an officer's life with his actions.

Tate said he's just happy he was able to help.

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

11B4V

Quote from: Razgovory on July 12, 2016, 05:01:20 PM
Quote from: derspiess on July 12, 2016, 04:57:47 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 12, 2016, 03:48:21 PM
Listed to most of Obama's Dallas speech on NPR.  Pretty typical "both sides are right, both sides are wrong" Obama speech on race (or anything really).

That being said, giving that particular speech at a memorial for dead cops does move the pile a bit IMO.

What got me specifically was how he said, "None of us is entirely innocent. No institution is entirely immune, and that includes our police departments."

Yep, really great thing to say at the memorial.  I'm sure the cops' families appreciate that.  And as always, when Pres. Obama uses "us" and "we" in a preachy context, he means everyone *but* him and his side.

:rolleyes:

I watched most of it and it was an excellent speech. Onus on the cops, African-Americans, Krackers, and the country. Well done speech.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

derspiess

Quote from: Berkut on July 12, 2016, 06:14:52 PM

"He" is blameless?

Just because he is black doesn't mean he is the representative of all black people. They are each, individually, people themselves.

You're missing my point. I meant he thinks he's blameless in general. I wasn't even talking about race.

Berkut

"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

derspiess