The Shooting Gallery: Police Violence MEGATHREAD

Started by Syt, August 11, 2014, 04:09:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

celedhring

Hadn't pictured shotguns as sniper weapons.

Anyhow, terrible news those.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: celedhring on July 08, 2016, 06:30:46 AM
Hadn't pictured shotguns as sniper weapons.

There was more than one person involved, so there was obviously more than one weapon involved.

Apparently one of the suspects is female?

QuoteIn perhaps the most shocking footage to emerge on the horrific and highly televised night, a gunman was filmed sneaking up behind a police officer and shooting the cop several times in the back at point-blank range. It is unclear if the officer survived.

"It looked like an execution honestly," Ismael DeJesus, who took the video from an apartment building, told CNN. DeJesus said he thought the gunman, who carried an assault-style rifle, was wearing body armor as he appeared to get shot and keep going.

The gunman then holed up inside of El Centro's garage, according to police. Dozens of cop cars surrounded the building as officers crouched behind their vehicles.

As he engaged in a shootout with officers, police took three other suspects into custody.

Two suspects were seen climbing into a black Mercedes with a camouflage bag before speeding off. They were apprehended in the Oak Cliff area, a suburb of Dallas.

The third suspect, a woman, was taken into custody near the El Centro garage.

Chief Brown said the three suspects were being interrogated but, as of 12:30 a.m. local time, had not provided information on the motive behind the brazen attack.

Even as Brown spoke to reporters, the fourth suspect was engaged in a standoff with police.

At around 1:26 a.m., there was "a loud boom and what sounded like shattering glass" near El Centro, according to Dallas Morning News reporter Robert Wilonsky.

At around 4 a.m. local time, CNN reported that the gunman holed up inside the garage was dead. Police have not yet confirmed the death and details remained murky Friday morning.

Grey Fox

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 08, 2016, 06:19:02 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on July 08, 2016, 06:10:06 AM
and I wondered why cops were so scared.

This isn't Pookie and Ray Ray at a random traffic stop.  This is very different.

Yes but that's how the fear grows.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Grey Fox on July 08, 2016, 07:07:55 AM
Yes but that's how the fear grows.

Cops every day aren't worried about sniper attacks, they're worried about the stats over "more officers die from random traffic stops" they get hammered with every day.

No, this isn't how cop fear grows;  this is how continuing to ignore the root problem grows, however. 

You watch the blowback on this develop over the next few days, and watch the narrative develop, the same way Orlando's narrative developed.  See, this is what happens when you let blacks march.  See, this is what happens when you lend credibility to #BlackLivesMatter.  We told you so.

And, by implication, that the victims of excessive police force like those in Baton Rouge and Minneapolis are not only forgotten, but actually deserved what they got.  Watch how the internet will start leaning in on the insinuations that this is President Obama's fault from his comments yesterday.

Hell, you saw it in this thread already. You can set your watch to it.

DGuller

Quote from: Phillip V on July 07, 2016, 11:15:44 PM
When was the last time race relations were this bad?
I think that when Obama was elected, both racists and non-racists, in different ways, realized that this whole race business is not settled at all.

viper37

Quote from: Valmy on July 07, 2016, 11:21:48 PM
Quote from: viper37 on July 07, 2016, 11:17:35 PM
Quote from: derspiess on July 07, 2016, 10:59:05 PM
Wow.  You guys are just-- wow.
Yeah.  This is why I can't convince anyone to join here.

Please tell me that better more civilized board out there if it is so outrageous here because I have yet to find it.
Depends what you think of civilized.  I quite like it here, better than elsewhere, but some people's attitude are just... a little too rough for those who don't know us.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 07, 2016, 11:53:16 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on July 07, 2016, 11:44:31 PM
Quote from: derspiess on July 07, 2016, 11:42:46 PM
Earlier one BLM protester said one of the cops provoked the shooting by "waving his gun" at the crowd at the precise moment when the shooting took place
:rolleyes:

That's right; it is theoretically impossible that a police officer's actions would ever escalate a situation, or draw their service weapons without cause.  Just. Doesn't. Happen.
yes, of course, these guys they just get into elevated position and used their sniper rifle to get a better view of the parade.  Only when a Dallas cop made a threatening move did they decide to take him down, and 10 of his colleagues to be sure.  They are heroes, really, not criminals.  At worst, misunderstood individuals.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

garbon

Quote from: viper37 on July 08, 2016, 07:54:57 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 07, 2016, 11:53:16 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on July 07, 2016, 11:44:31 PM
Quote from: derspiess on July 07, 2016, 11:42:46 PM
Earlier one BLM protester said one of the cops provoked the shooting by "waving his gun" at the crowd at the precise moment when the shooting took place
:rolleyes:

That's right; it is theoretically impossible that a police officer's actions would ever escalate a situation, or draw their service weapons without cause.  Just. Doesn't. Happen.
yes, of course, these guys they just get into elevated position and used their sniper rifle to get a better view of the parade.  Only when a Dallas cop made a threatening move did they decide to take him down, and 10 of his colleagues to be sure.  They are heroes, really, not criminals.  At worst, misunderstood individuals.

I thought Seed was speaking in general and not of this instance - as clearly that wasn't a provoking action.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on July 08, 2016, 08:08:35 AM
I thought Seed was speaking in general and not of this instance - as clearly that wasn't a provoking action.

You know what really needs to go is all this open carry bullshit.

viper37

merithyn

I admit it. I'm okay with being worse than Obama.

Fuck the second amendment. Take that shit out of our Constitution. You want guns for target practice and hunting? Fine. No problem. You go through a full background check, you get finger-printed, and smile for the camera. Other than that, get rid of the goddamn guns.

So tired of waking up to this bullshit.  :mad:
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

OttoVonBismarck

MadBurgerMaker

So the cops blew this dude up with a grenade (or something) delivered via robot?  I had no idea that was even a thing police would do.

Valmy

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on July 08, 2016, 10:36:02 AM
So the cops blew this dude up with a grenade (or something) delivered via robot?  I had no idea that was even a thing police would do.

:blink:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Grey Fox

Quote from: merithyn on July 08, 2016, 09:23:21 AM
I admit it. I'm okay with being worse than Obama.

Fuck the second amendment. Take that shit out of our Constitution. You want guns for target practice and hunting? Fine. No problem. You go through a full background check, you get finger-printed, and smile for the camera. Other than that, get rid of the goddamn guns.

So tired of waking up to this bullshit.  :mad:

Hear, hear!
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.