The Shooting Gallery: Police Violence MEGATHREAD

Started by Syt, August 11, 2014, 04:09:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

katmai

Quote from: derspiess on August 26, 2020, 11:44:06 AM
Saw a video of a dude with an AR that was getting rushed by rioters, almost like a zombie movie.  They had him on the ground and one rioter went to jump kick him.  Looks like he was a bit panicky with the shots he got off, but I guess his own life was on the line at that point.  Looked like he had been trying to get away from them.

Ugly situation :(
why does this take from you not surprise me in the least?
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

11B4V

And if the 17 y/o kid carrying an assault rifle would have never been there, folks would not be dead. He put into motion and set the stage for that event by putting himself in a situation he should have never been allowed to be in. His parents should be jailed right along with him.

Property can be replaced.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

merithyn

Quote from: 11B4V on August 26, 2020, 07:22:36 PM
And if the 17 y/o kid carrying an assault rifle would have never been there, folks would not be dead. He put into motion and set the stage for that event by putting himself in a situation he should have never been allowed to be in. His parents should be jailed right along with him.

Property can be replaced.

:hug:

Thank you for saying that.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Razgovory

Quote from: Maximus on August 26, 2020, 02:28:23 PM
A lot more protesters are going to get that takeaway and start showing up armed and/or taking proactive measures against right-wing militias that show up armed.

Yeah, that's what's happening.  There have been several cases now of left-wing protesters carrying fire arms.  You come unarmed, the police will beat the shit out of you.  You come armed, the police back off.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

DGuller

Quote from: Razgovory on August 26, 2020, 08:51:54 PM
A lot more protesters are going to get that takeaway and start showing up armed and/or taking proactive measures against right-wing militias that show up armed.

Yeah, that's what's happening.  There have been several cases now of left-wing protesters carrying fire arms.  You come unarmed, the police will beat the shit out of you.  You come armed, the police back off.
Seems like a dangerous move, though.  It's one thing to be armed when police understands that you're their vigilante backup, it's another thing to be a bad guy with a gun.  It's hard enough to posthumously defend your innocence against police shooting when you're unarmed, with a gun on you police or militia can shoot you at their discretion.

grumbler

Quote from: Eddie Teach on August 26, 2020, 08:50:45 PM
What did the parents do?

Let their murderous child own an AR-15 and transport it across state lines in order to commit murder.

Actually, they should be jailed just for being the kind of parents who bring up a child like that.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

grumbler

We need to have the Black panthers start open-carrying in every state, like they did in California in 1967.  The Panthers created an alliance between Ronald Reagan, the NRA, California democrats, and California republicans, to get a bill outlawing open carry.  The bill took less than 16 weeks to pass both houses of the legislature by 5:1 margins and get signed into law. 

"[I see] no reason why on the street today a citizen should be carrying loaded weapons" - Ronald Reagan.

Black Panthers, come save us now!
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Razgovory

Quote from: DGuller on August 26, 2020, 09:01:17 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on August 26, 2020, 08:51:54 PM

Seems like a dangerous move, though.  It's one thing to be armed when police understands that you're their vigilante backup, it's another thing to be a bad guy with a gun.  It's hard enough to posthumously defend your innocence against police shooting when you're unarmed, with a gun on you police or militia can shoot you at their discretion.

That's the amazing thing! One black guy who might have a gun is terrifying.  They have to shoot because they fear for their lives. If 100 black guys show up with enough weapons to wipe out the entire police department the cops are inexplicably put at ease.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Sheilbh

https://twitter.com/bad_takes/status/1298774196026322946?s=20
"How shocked are we that 17 year olds with rifles decided they had to maintain order when no one else would?"
Let's bomb Russia!

Tamas

Quote from: grumbler on August 26, 2020, 09:19:19 PM
We need to have the Black panthers start open-carrying in every state, like they did in California in 1967.  The Panthers created an alliance between Ronald Reagan, the NRA, California democrats, and California republicans, to get a bill outlawing open carry.  The bill took less than 16 weeks to pass both houses of the legislature by 5:1 margins and get signed into law. 

"[I see] no reason why on the street today a citizen should be carrying loaded weapons" - Ronald Reagan.

:lol: amazing

In that vein, BLM protests should start shouting climate change is a lie. USA would be zero emissions in 5 years.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Tamas on August 27, 2020, 06:34:50 AM
Quote from: grumbler on August 26, 2020, 09:19:19 PM

:lol: amazing
Yeah it made me think of the pictures like this:

And I think there were also examples of people standing with a gun next to the police whenever the police were, say, pulling over a black person in a black neighbourhood.

I swear I've seen a documentary with something about this.
Let's bomb Russia!

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Sheilbh on August 27, 2020, 06:14:24 AM
https://twitter.com/bad_takes/status/1298774196026322946?s=20
"How shocked are we that 17 year olds with rifles decided they had to maintain order when no one else would?"

No surprise the fascists want to call out the freikorps for some good old fashioned murder of fellow citizens.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

mongers

Quote from: Sheilbh on August 27, 2020, 06:47:56 AM
Yeah it made me think of the pictures like this:

The guy on the right with the M1 carbine (?) out-cools Samuel L.Jackson, he should have been in Hollywood.

The guy on the left is mearly, common or garden 60s cool.  :)
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"