The Shooting Gallery: Police Violence MEGATHREAD

Started by Syt, August 11, 2014, 04:09:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: 11B4V on May 31, 2020, 12:19:52 AM
Quote from: garbon on May 31, 2020, 12:17:35 AM
With generally okay = they ignore it apart from it being a passing conversational topic.

No, folks don't have an issue with protesting. Rioting, yes.

Of course, they generally don't. It has no impact on their lives and they can just wait till those people calm down.

Well except for when they are blocking the highway. Then they've gone too far.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: 11B4V on May 31, 2020, 12:32:48 AM
SPD showed great restraint today despite a couple of patrol cars burned and property damage. Much to the hysteria of local news retards.

Now let's look at the footage of the NYPD driving police cars into a group of protestors and the flimsy excuse provided by the mayor.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

Quote from: garbon on May 31, 2020, 02:06:04 AM

Also, kneeling during the national anthem.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Syt on May 31, 2020, 02:09:40 AM

That's just something to bitch about on social media.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Syt

Btw, the claim that 80% of the protesters in Minneapolis are from out of state has been taken back and the governor has apologized for the mistake.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

garbon

Quote from: garbon on May 31, 2020, 02:07:07 AM
SPD showed great restraint today despite a couple of patrol cars burned and property damage. Much to the hysteria of local news retards.

Now let's look at the footage of the NYPD driving police cars into a group of protestors and the flimsy excuse provided by the mayor.

And how about the PD in Salt Lake City who repeatedly push and old man with a cane with their shields till he fell over?

11B4V

Quote from: garbon on May 31, 2020, 02:17:23 AM

And how about the PD in Salt Lake City who repeatedly push and old man with a cane with their shields till he fell over?

Sorry, not in that area. I'm sorry your riots are losing steam because of stupid people.

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Tamas

Quote from: Eddie Teach on May 31, 2020, 02:13:22 AM

:huh: You know full well it was made a far bigger deal than that at the time.

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Syt on May 31, 2020, 02:49:35 AM
Long thread listing notable US race riots since the 1800s:

https://twitter.com/ericabuddington/status/1266574215135801354
I wouldn't call most of these riots in the last few days race riots. The crowds I've seen have been pretty diverse.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

11B4V

Protesters or Riotors.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Tamas on May 31, 2020, 02:45:51 AM

I've never heard people talking about it IRL.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

Quote from: 11B4V on May 31, 2020, 02:54:05 AM

Protesters or Riotors.

Now I'm getting why you were in a rush to defend Mono.

garbon

Quote from: Eddie Teach on May 31, 2020, 03:01:48 AM
Quote from: Tamas on May 31, 2020, 02:45:51 AM

I've never heard people talking about it IRL.

Do you talk to people?

garbon

Quote from: 11B4V on May 31, 2020, 02:25:39 AM
Quote from: garbon on May 31, 2020, 02:17:23 AM

Sorry, not in that area. I'm sorry your riots are losing steam because of stupid people.

My riots? You okay, man?

Also, sad to hear you don't care about more than just your tiny patch in the US.