Russo-Ukrainian War 2014-23 and Invasion

Started by mongers, August 06, 2014, 03:12:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

Apparently the long table thing is based on choosing not to accept a covid test administered by the Russians. Scholtz and macron had their own doctors do the tests.
Presumably the Belarusian dictator doesn't have the same hangups about Russian doctors that sensible people do.
██████
██████
██████

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Tamas on February 15, 2022, 04:00:18 PM
Quote@CBSDavidMartin reporting US can see Russia units moving out of assembly areas toward the Ukraine border; it looks like Russian military uncoiling in preparation for an invasion
Link?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Sheilbh

Just heard a UK journalist talk about the flight to Ukraine. There were two counter-terrorism police at the gate who were checking people's IDs and asking why they were going to Ukraine etc.

She said she'd seen this before when flying to Syria and Iraq - and apparently the reason is basically the same. UK authorities are quite worried about neo-Nazis/radicalised far-right travelling to Ukraine for "weapons training" or just the opportunity to fight - in much the same way as violent Islamists/extremists tried to get to Syria or Iraq. It's pretty ghoulish to think there are people traveling and in Ukraine who are super-hyped that it'll be a war so they get to do some violence <_<
Let's bomb Russia!

Josquius

Devil's advocate, it would be a nice way to get rid of them and use their flesh for something positive.
Though yes. When there's a delicate situation and no war they're not really who you want on site.
██████
██████
██████

The Brain

How do they separate the good volunteers from the bad?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Sheilbh on February 16, 2022, 05:32:04 AM
Just heard a UK journalist talk about the flight to Ukraine. There were two counter-terrorism police at the gate who were checking people's IDs and asking why they were going to Ukraine etc.

She said she'd seen this before when flying to Syria and Iraq - and apparently the reason is basically the same. UK authorities are quite worried about neo-Nazis/radicalised far-right travelling to Ukraine for "weapons training" or just the opportunity to fight - in much the same way as violent Islamists/extremists tried to get to Syria or Iraq. It's pretty ghoulish to think there are people traveling and in Ukraine who are super-hyped that it'll be a war so they get to do some violence <_<

So to avoid ant-terrorism police, just take a flight to Poland or Romania and proceed then by road, train or another plane (not green I know)? I guess they are after the not-so discreet and bright ones.

mongers

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on February 16, 2022, 10:47:04 AM

So to avoid ant-terrorism police, just take a flight to Poland or Romania and proceed then by road, train or another plane (not green I know)? I guess they are after the not-so discreet and bright ones.

Yep, low hanging fruit.  :)
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Sheilbh

Slightly fascinating/grim - a historian who's working on a book about espionage and was reading a British intelligence report from Ukraine in February 1922:
https://twitter.com/calder_walton/status/1493746680021368835?s=20&t=WYrFNaO8EwNPOqJWpLk3qA

QuoteMy informant naturally looked forward to the reconstruction of an independent Ukrainian state... I pointed out to him that no Power would intervene against Russia now, and that the Russians en masse would never permit the Ukraine to separate itself entirely from Russia.
Let's bomb Russia!

Tamas

Russian embassy in South Africa joining foreign ministry in attempting to switch things to "lol it was all for the lulz":

https://twitter.com/EmbassyofRussia/status/1493884806022713344

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

Admiral Yi

viper37

When the ISIS fighters were coming back, most leftists were telling us they should be welcomed back with open arms and not ostracized.  I wonder what they'll say about the neo nazis :)
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Zoupa

Quote from: viper37 on February 16, 2022, 07:49:43 PM

When the ISIS fighters were coming back, most leftists were telling us they should be welcomed back with open arms and not ostracized.  I wonder what they'll say about the neo nazis :)

Please link surveys of "leftists" expressing that opinion. Thanks. :)

HVC

Yeah, that's the first I ever heard that particular line.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

mongers

It was a relief to not hear news of a Russian invasion when I woke this morning, somewhat dreading the days immediately after Xi's propaganda games.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"