News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Russo-Ukrainian War 2014-23 and Invasion

Started by mongers, August 06, 2014, 03:12:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zanza

Shoigu reported a destroyed Leo 2, but apparently the video shows a combine harvester.  :lol:

Legbiter

Quote from: Sheilbh on June 07, 2023, 07:34:00 AMOf course I know nothing. But can't help but feel that nothing says "successfully repelling all attacks" like blowing up dams to flood the land and calls for the minister of defence to be executed.

And these are probes so far.  :hmm:
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Zanza on June 07, 2023, 09:40:15 AMShoigu reported a destroyed Leo 2, but apparently the video shows a combine harvester.  :lol:

Russia is right to fear those...

Barrister

Of course be careful of stories coming out of a war zone, but several anecdotes and video of flooded out Ukrainians on the left bank of the lower Dnipro (aka the Russian occupied side) being just left to fend for themselves, with no rescue or aid missions going on.

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Josquius

Quote from: Zanza on June 07, 2023, 09:40:15 AMShoigu reported a destroyed Leo 2, but apparently the video shows a combine harvester.  :lol:

Kind of lol but some farmer randomly blown up doing his job :(
██████
██████
██████

PDH

Quote from: Josquius on June 07, 2023, 11:54:16 AMKind of lol but some farmer randomly blown up doing his job :(

Serves them right, driving around in a weapon like that.  The Russians fear tractors.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

The Brain

Battletech has stats for combine harvesters. Just sayin'.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Barrister

Quote from: The Brain on June 07, 2023, 02:13:59 PMBattletech has stats for combine harvesters. Just sayin'.

How many heatsinks does a combine harvester have?

The Brain

Quote from: Barrister on June 07, 2023, 02:28:38 PM
Quote from: The Brain on June 07, 2023, 02:13:59 PMBattletech has stats for combine harvesters. Just sayin'.

I don't think it generates heat.

https://www.sarna.net/wiki/Combine_(Equipment)
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Barrister

Quote from: The Brain on June 07, 2023, 02:30:39 PM
Quote from: Barrister on June 07, 2023, 02:28:38 PM

I don't think it generates heat.

https://www.sarna.net/wiki/Combine_(Equipment)

I see.  It doesn't have a combine as an entire piece of machinery (or a mech), but rather lists it as a melee weapon which might be equipped on an AgroMech.

:nerd:

Tamas

Saw this on Twitter:"Pro-Russian sources have reported a significant #Ukrainian attack in the Zaporizhzhya region, including ground attacks against a series of villages situated south and southwest of Orikhiv - such as Lobkove"

If true, I'd wager the Russians saw the preparations and decided to get their dam-busting plans in motion so their left flank could be emptied of troops safely to defend against this push.

Hamilcar

Quote from: Tamas on June 08, 2023, 02:54:54 AMIf true, I'd wager the Russians saw the preparations and decided to get their dam-busting plans in motion so their left flank could be emptied of troops safely to defend against this push.

That makes a lot of sense.And clearly the Russians care ZERO for the reputation hit from the devastation they caused.

Syt

Seems Russia is photoshopping destroyed Turkish Leo 2s into images of their destroyed tanks. :D

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Josquius

Quote from: Tamas on June 08, 2023, 02:54:54 AMSaw this on Twitter:"Pro-Russian sources have reported a significant #Ukrainian attack in the Zaporizhzhya region, including ground attacks against a series of villages situated south and southwest of Orikhiv - such as Lobkove"

If true, I'd wager the Russians saw the preparations and decided to get their dam-busting plans in motion so their left flank could be emptied of troops safely to defend against this push.
Current mutterings are it was just another small attack.

Russians be jumpy.
██████
██████
██████