Russo-Ukrainian War 2014-23 and Invasion

Started by mongers, August 06, 2014, 03:12:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solmyr

Quote from: Sheilbh on November 14, 2022, 12:08:13 PMZelensky visiting Kherson - including for the official flag-raising:
https://twitter.com/Gerashchenko_en/status/1592110611496071168?s=20&t=wwuePHTHXlJfL4q7_75V_g

Saw a joke on Twitter that this is the first time in 10 years that the President of Ukraine has visited Russia. :lol:

The Larch

Zelensky has apparently presented the outline of a desireable peace for Ukraine during the G20. It's as follows:

I'll try to find some details.

Berkut

Quote from: The Larch on November 15, 2022, 07:47:57 AMZelensky has apparently presented the outline of a desireable peace for Ukraine during the G20. It's as follows:

I'll try to find some details.
I don't know what most of those things actually mean in any practical sense. 
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Habbaku

Wow, Berkut is against restoring justice.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Zanza

German gas storage is now above 100%. Apparently you can store more of the Norwegian gas than the Russian gas due to different chemical properties. FU Putin.

Sheilbh

Unconfirmed reports of "stray" Russian missiles hitting Polish territory and killing two Poles.
Let's bomb Russia!

grumbler

Quote from: Sheilbh on November 15, 2022, 01:39:18 PMUnconfirmed reports of "stray" Russian missiles hitting Polish territory and killing two Poles.

Unleash the kraken!
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Zoupa

It's been confirmed by multiple Polish news sources. Uh oh.

OttoVonBismarck

Not sure how the Polish situation will play out, I doubt Article 5 would be invoked over what is clearly a stray hit on the border.

Tamas

Emergency meeting called by Orban of his national security council

Zoupa

NATO's ROE are detailed and strict, so I don't think so either. I could see Poland deploying air defense to Ukraine though, and shooting down anything flying. Don't they have Patriot batteries?

I can only imagine little Vlad shitting his pants in the Kremlin right now. Bunker bitch.

Valmy

Quote from: Tamas on November 15, 2022, 02:06:58 PMEmergency meeting called by Orban of his national security council

Let me predict the incoming response by Hungary: Russia killing Poles is all the fault of the Jews and the West!

And probably immigrants.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Sheilbh

Quote from: Zoupa on November 15, 2022, 02:07:49 PMNATO's ROE are detailed and strict, so I don't think so either. I could see Poland deploying air defense to Ukraine though, and shooting down anything flying. Don't they have Patriot batteries?

I can only imagine little Vlad shitting his pants in the Kremlin right now. Bunker bitch.
Yeah if it is a stray missile then it's not the same as a deliberate attack. But I imagine Poland will want immediate consultations with NATO partners - in a weird way it may be helpful that the G20 is happening so a lot of NATO leaders are in one place.

I wonder if the response will depend on whether they trace the flight path to Russia or Belarus?
Let's bomb Russia!

Sheilbh

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on November 15, 2022, 02:01:00 PMNot sure how the Polish situation will play out, I doubt Article 5 would be invoked over what is clearly a stray hit on the border.
I don't think it is applicable either. Article 5 is about an armed attack; I don't think that includes a stray missile.

Obviously the risk of this type of situation is because Russia is recklessly lobbing missiles at Ukraine, but I'm not sure it's an Article 5 situation.
Let's bomb Russia!