And we're back!

Main Menu

Law School is a Joke.

Started by Faeelin, June 10, 2009, 06:57:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Quote from: Malthus on June 11, 2009, 01:31:13 PM
Quote from: Faeelin on June 11, 2009, 01:00:35 PM

I was mostly joking; most of the people here at pretty bright with some that are pretty clearly geniuses. But there's also a large fraboyish element, often involving those who came from Ivy League schools. My experience thus far has been that the smarter students are the ones who went to state schools, which I find amusing.

No frat types I can remember at U of T - gotta ask BB about that: he was a "frat boy".  :D

Not only that - I pledged my fraternity in first year law. :yeah:

It was a good fraternity though - I have brothers who are engineers, a doctor, another lawyer, bankers, a PhD, and so on.  We didn't quite live up to the stereotype.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Malthus

Quote from: Barrister on June 11, 2009, 01:51:34 PM

It was a good fraternity though - I have brothers who are engineers, a doctor, another lawyer, bankers, a PhD, and so on.  We didn't quite live up to the stereotype.

Heh, hence "frat boy" in scare quotes. Can't see you gleefully date raping women and drinking 'till you barf to celebrate, or joining an organization that encourages this.  :lol:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

alfred russel

Weren't most of the other pledges freshman?
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Barrister

Quote from: alfred russel on June 11, 2009, 02:01:10 PM

Weren't most of the other pledges freshman?

No actually.  I was one of the older guys, but most of our members joined in their 2nd, 3rd year or so.  The Greek organizations are very small in Canada, it took some people that long to even realize we existed.

But within the fraternity I tended to hang out more with the guys who had joined 2 or 3 years before I had.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.