News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Law School is a Joke.

Started by Faeelin, June 10, 2009, 06:57:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faeelin

How else can you explain that I got a 4.0 this semester?

If anybody needs me I'll be... I don't know. Posting about it on message boards, since I can't tell anybody in my class or they'll kill me?

ulmont

Quote from: Faeelin on June 10, 2009, 06:57:56 PM

If anybody needs me I'll be... I don't know. Posting about it on message boards, since I can't tell anybody in my class or they'll kill me?

Congrats.   :hug:

Now, onwards to Law Review and BigLaw!

DontSayBanana

Congrats! :cheers:

Now, here's hoping the joke will still be funny when I'm attending. ;)
Experience bij!

HVC

Damn Gay-firmative action! :ultra:

:p congrats. Though i think some other people here are in law school too, so you may yet be killed :lol:
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

DontSayBanana

Quote from: HVC on June 10, 2009, 07:07:28 PM
:p congrats. Though i think some other people here are in law school too, so you may yet be killed :lol:

Just Ide at present, AFAIK. I'll be trying to go in after I get my paralegal degree next year.
Experience bij!

Monoriu

Queequeg

Wow shit! Are you at Duke?  LOL ARE YOU: GAY DICK (NIXON)?!
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Faeelin

Quote from: Queequeg on June 10, 2009, 08:54:05 PM
Wow shit! Are you at Duke?  LOL ARE YOU: GAY DICK (NIXON)?!

Nah, I choose somewhere in New York over Duke. So I'm gay... Hrm. I can't think of anything.

garbon

Quote from: Faeelin on June 10, 2009, 09:15:46 PM
Nah, I choose somewhere in New York over Duke.

Somewhere over the rainbow? :unsure:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Faeelin

Quote from: garbon on June 10, 2009, 10:12:20 PM
Quote from: Faeelin on June 10, 2009, 09:15:46 PM
Nah, I choose somewhere in New York over Duke.

Somewhere over the rainbow? :unsure:

I'm from Jersey. Somewhere over the Hudson is more appropriate.

KRonn

I guess then that you're feeling that the education should be better, tougher. Unfair practices by the school, obviously! Sounds like the making of your first lawsuit!   ;)

Malthus

Which school?

The difficulty varies quite a bit depending on the institution.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Faeelin

Quote from: Malthus on June 11, 2009, 10:39:04 AM

Which school?

NYU Law.

Malthus

Quote from: Faeelin on June 11, 2009, 10:48:41 AM
Quote from: Malthus on June 11, 2009, 10:39:04 AM

Which school?

NYU Law.

I don't know it personally, but I understand that it is one of the best schools in the country.

Sounds like you are just very smart.  :D

For myself, law school (University of Toronto) proved an ordeal in terms of work, toughness of exams, etc.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius