Rich get richer as economy gets better; everyone else is worse off

Started by merithyn, April 23, 2013, 01:31:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGuller

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 25, 2014, 05:01:55 PM
His argument defeats itself.  We're in recession because the other times we had nominal growth less than 4% we called them recessions.  But we called those recessions because after deflating the nominal growth rate by inflation we had negative real growth.
Yeah, essentially he decided not to trust the GDP deflator, so instead he picked it to be 4% at all times.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

grumbler

Quote from: Ed Anger on July 25, 2014, 05:46:03 PM
Quote from: Valmy on July 25, 2014, 04:48:14 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on April 25, 2013, 11:33:27 AM
You are all out of my will.

Your estate is going to be divided 23 ways as it is.

It is? Huh. News to me.

You'll be dead.  Don't worry about it.  The other 22 and I can't wait... sorry, NSA... we'll just wait as long as necessary...
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Razgovory

Quote from: DGuller on July 25, 2014, 05:10:23 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 25, 2014, 05:01:55 PM
His argument defeats itself.  We're in recession because the other times we had nominal growth less than 4% we called them recessions.  But we called those recessions because after deflating the nominal growth rate by inflation we had negative real growth.
Yeah, essentially he decided not to trust the GDP deflator, so instead he picked it to be 4% at all times.

You should have to get some sort of license before you are allowed to use graphs and statistics.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Razgovory on July 26, 2014, 12:09:27 AM
You should have to get some sort of license before you are allowed to use graphs and statistics.

Caveat emptor.