News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Undershirts and fashion

Started by alfred russel, July 16, 2014, 08:16:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warspite

" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

Grey Fox

Men without undershirts when wearing a dress shirt, a casual shirt or a polo shirt are barbarians and should be purged.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

FunkMonk

Quote from: Ideologue on July 17, 2014, 08:26:39 AM
Undershirt and dress shirt is happening as we speak.

If you or anyone you know has information regarding the whereabouts of undershirt and dress shirt happening, please contact Slate immediately.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Grey Fox on July 17, 2014, 09:42:31 AM
Men without undershirts when wearing a dress shirt, a casual shirt or a polo shirt are barbarians and should be purged.

I thought only old guys wore an undershirt under their dress shirt.  At least that was the way it used to be.  But now that I am old I still don't.  What is the point of doing that?

Grey Fox

Flabbyness, shaggyness & uncomfortable fabrics.

garbon

Quote from: Grey Fox on July 17, 2014, 10:08:13 AM
Flabbyness

Do undershirts help much with this? I've seen many cases where it looks like undershirt is trying to help hide what we all know.

Quote from: Grey Fox on July 17, 2014, 10:08:13 AMshaggyness

Alternatively, don't have super thin shirts?

Quote from: Grey Fox on July 17, 2014, 10:08:13 AMuncomfortable fabrics.

Alternatively, don't purchase uncomfortable fabrics. :D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Grey Fox

Quote from: garbon on July 17, 2014, 10:20:03 AM
Flabbyness

Do undershirts help much with this? I've seen many cases where it looks like undershirt is trying to help hide what we all know.

Quote from: Grey Fox on July 17, 2014, 10:08:13 AMshaggyness

Alternatively, don't have super thin shirts?

Quote from: Grey Fox on July 17, 2014, 10:08:13 AMuncomfortable fabrics.

Alternatively, don't purchase uncomfortable fabrics. :D

I don't think it hides anything but the psychological need is strong.

Have you been to wal mart lately? All clothes are super thing nowadays or uncomfortable.

garbon

Yes, I've been to Walmart a few times this year, but no, I haven't looked at the clothing.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

DGuller

Quote from: crazy canuck on July 17, 2014, 09:53:54 AM

I thought only old guys wore an undershirt under their dress shirt.  At least that was the way it used to be.  But now that I am old I still don't.  What is the point of doing that?
Keeps the inside of your shirt clean from all the dirt on your skin.

crazy canuck

Flabbyness, shaggyness & uncomfortable fabrics.

I am not fit as I once was but I am not sure how an undershirt would help with that.  As for shaggyness, I have a fair amount of hair on my chest.  The good news is I have read that is coming back into style. The better news is that does not interfere at all with wearing dress shirts.  As for uncomfortable fabrics - there is an obvious solution to that.  I quite like the feel of the fabrics I purchase. :P

Zanza

If you are worried about a crewneck t-shirt showing at the open collar of a dress shirt, why not wear a tie?

alfred russel

Update on my survey.

Just left a meeting with 4 other men:

2 with crew necks
1 with a v neck
1 who was too obese and double chinned to make an assessment
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

garbon

Quote from: DGuller on July 17, 2014, 10:42:00 AM

Wash and then eventually buy new shirts. So really purpose of undershirt (as long as not wifebeater type) seems to be just to make sure outer layer of clothing lasts longer.

crazy canuck

Quote from: DGuller on July 17, 2014, 10:42:00 AM

You should try taking a shower.  With proper application of soap and a steady stream of running water the dirt from your skin is fairly easily removed.  Failing that you can always wash your shirts after wearing them so as to remove the dirt accumulated from being worn.  Eventually you will need to purchase a new shirt but you should do that anyway.

DGuller

Quote from: Zanza on July 17, 2014, 01:10:51 PM
If you are worried about a crewneck t-shirt showing at the open collar of a dress shirt, why not wear a tie?
:x That's like curing a headache with a guillotine.