News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Ian Thorpe comes out of the closet.

Started by Syt, July 13, 2014, 07:19:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

I have read that the root of homophobia is that you yourself are a fag in denial.  Or the fear that you might enjoy it too much and go full fag.

Josquius

Idiocy plays a large part too. Smart homophobes are rare.
██████
██████
██████

Valmy

Quote from: Monoriu on July 13, 2014, 11:19:59 PM
I am surprised that so many people are gay.  I also don't quite get the hostility toward gays.  Heterosexual men should welcome more gays, right?  Because this will reduce the competition for females. 

I know I always did.  The more gays the better.  Lesbians on the other hand needed to be brutally culled!  Except now that I am married I couldn't care less.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: Syt on July 14, 2014, 12:29:43 AM
No, some heterosexual men are scared of the gays, because they're afraid they see them not as buddies but sexually, as potential fuck partners, and that all they want to do is stick their dicks in them.

In other words: they fear being seen by them as they see women.

Dude if gay men were eager to bang me I would have gotten a T-Shirt or something announcing that to the world.

'Hey ladies...gay men want to do me'
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on July 14, 2014, 08:54:53 AM
Quote from: garbon on July 14, 2014, 08:52:20 AM
Is that a selling point? :unsure:

Why wouldn't it be? :hmm:

Well while on one hand there might be a stereotype of gays re: fashion and presentability, I think there is also a stereotype of gays being a bit more open (than women) with regards to whom they will have sex with.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

frunk

It's still a better advertisement than "nobody of any sexual orientation wants to have sex with me".

garbon

Quote from: frunk on July 14, 2014, 09:06:22 AM
It's still a better advertisement than "nobody of any sexual orientation wants to have sex with me".

Well I don't think most people try to use that either. :D

Valmy

Quote from: frunk on July 14, 2014, 09:06:22 AM

Yep :(

:P

DGuller

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 14, 2014, 02:09:59 AM
I have read that the root of homophobia is that you yourself are a fag in denial.  Or the fear that you might enjoy it too much and go full fag.
Sounds like a typical convenient stupid theory.

Admiral Yi

:huh:  How is it convenient, and how is it stupid?  Your post makes no sense whatsoever.

garbon

While I don't agree with it while widely applied - we have had more than one anti-gay politician turn out to be gay.

DGuller

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 14, 2014, 04:09:13 PM
:huh:  How is it convenient, and how is it stupid?  Your post makes no sense whatsoever.
It's convenient in that it turns the tables on the bashers.  If you are a homophobe, it's because ha, ha, you're gay yourself.  And it's stupid because it implies that the vast majority of males in the vast majority of countries all turn out to be fags in denial. 

garbon

Quote from: DGuller on July 14, 2014, 04:18:47 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 14, 2014, 04:09:13 PM
It's convenient in that it turns the tables on the bashers.  If you are a homophobe, it's because ha, ha, you're gay yourself.  And it's stupid because it implies that the vast majority of males in the vast majority of countries all turn out to be fags in denial. 

To be honest, I would think that people who espouse that theory don't spend a lot of time thinking about conditions outside of the West.