Today's Kids React to the Original Nintendo Game Boy

Started by Syt, July 07, 2014, 10:13:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

I enjoy things that surprise me. Online. Not so much IRL.  :sleep:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Caliga

The Gameboy thing reminds me of something that happened when I was a kid.  My parents owned a campground in central PA near Penn State and alot of the campers were actually white trash hicks who lived there for most of the year (the campground was closed in the dead of the winter... no idea where they went at that point).

Anyway, one time my brother and I were up there and we were sitting on a bench playing with a Gameboy.  These two hillbilly kids came up to us and were like "Whatcha doin?"  My brother showed them the Gameboy and their jaws dropped.  "A... Game.... boy?  WHOT THE HAYULL?" :lol:  It was like they'd seen a UFO or something.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ed Anger

Quote from: Caliga on July 10, 2014, 07:04:42 AM
The Gameboy thing reminds me of something that happened when I was a kid.  My parents owned a campground in central PA near Penn State and alot of the campers were actually white trash hicks who lived there for most of the year (the campground was closed in the dead of the winter... no idea where they went at that point).

Anyway, one time my brother and I were up there and we were sitting on a bench playing with a Gameboy.  These two hillbilly kids came up to us and were like "Whatcha doin?"  My brother showed them the Gameboy and their jaws dropped.  "A... Game.... boy?  WHOT THE HAYULL?" :lol:  It was like they'd seen a UFO or something.

Cal the rich kid amazes the natives.

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Norgy

Quote from: Caliga on July 10, 2014, 07:04:42 AM

Explains some of the UFO sightings in the US. You were aliens.

Caliga

Quote from: Ed Anger on July 10, 2014, 07:48:30 AM

Link is broken but I appreciate the effort and love the reference. :hug:

Caliga

Quote from: Norgy on July 10, 2014, 07:54:25 AM
Explains some of the UFO sightings in the US. You were aliens.
Not likely.  While I do like Reese's Pieces, I really hate phoning home. :hmm:

garbon

Quote from: Caliga on July 10, 2014, 01:46:36 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on July 10, 2014, 07:48:30 AM

Link is broken but I appreciate the effort and love the reference. :hug:

Strange as it showed up for me, no problem.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."<br /><br />I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Brain

Only Kentucky internet seems to have this problem.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Norgy

crazy canuck

Quote from: Norgy on July 10, 2014, 03:40:32 PM
Quote from: The Brain on July 10, 2014, 02:17:49 PM
Only Kentucky internet seems to have this problem.

Is it: coal powered?

And they were coal rolling it at the time.

Caliga

Norgy

Neither does Norway, but we try to look like we do.  :uffda:

MadImmortalMan

I thought it was kinda lame back then too. It was enough of a hurdle that when my brothers were using the NES or SNES I would read a book instead of going to the GB.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Caliga

Quote from: Norgy on July 11, 2014, 03:55:41 PM
Neither does Norway, but we try to look like we do.  :uffda:
You guys are screwed once we figure this clean energy shit out.  Guess you'll have to go a-viking again. :)

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.