Today's Kids React to the Original Nintendo Game Boy

Started by Syt, July 07, 2014, 10:13:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Habbaku

Quote from: Malthus on July 07, 2014, 03:43:06 PM
Kids should be forced to play "Pong" and like it!  :menace:

:rolleyes:  Oh, good, another game with a straight, white protagonist.  Very modern.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

FunkMonk

Quote from: jimmy olsen on July 07, 2014, 09:20:21 PM
I had a gameboy and I loved it.

Yup me too. It was especially great because we went on road trips a lot so it became indispensable.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Maximus

Quote from: Habbaku on July 07, 2014, 09:24:56 PM

:rolleyes:  Oh, good, another game with a straight, white protagonist.  Very modern.
:thumbsup:

Malthus

Quote from: Habbaku on July 07, 2014, 09:24:56 PM

:lol:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Eddie Teach

Eddie Teach

Seriously, watch the first couple minutes of the  clip.  :ph34r:

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Syt

Dunno, I found their "Elders react to Gangnam Style" and "Elders react to GTA V" better.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."<br /><br />I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

I was thinking more of the source material than the commentary. The Elders can be pretty funny, but they're more likely to be presented with very popular material. The really bizarre stuff gets shown to the "youtubers" or occasionally the teens.

garbon

I guess it depends on whether you like mainstream stuff or bizarre stuff. :P
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."<br /><br />I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.