Three Canadian Prisoners Escape in Helicopter

Started by jimmy olsen, June 08, 2014, 01:22:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KRonn

Clearly, Canada's air defenses are lacking.

viper37

The convicts had their security measures relaxed.  They petitionned the court to have their handcuffs removed, and other unspecified measures (medias have contradictory reports, so I won't speculate here), wich was granted by a judge.

The Federal government is responsible for regulating airspace above prisons (any areas, for that matter), and nothing has been done on this side since the last prison break.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Grey Fox

We need to put the responsability of prisoners awaiting trial for Criminal causes to the federal government.

We also need to not let the judges rule on their condition of imprisoment.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Malthus

Quote from: Grey Fox on June 10, 2014, 10:45:22 AM
We need to put the responsability of prisoners awaiting trial for Criminal causes to the federal government.

Someone from Quebec wanting more powers for the federal government? That's a first.  :lol:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

viper37

Quote from: Grey Fox on June 10, 2014, 10:45:22 AM
I think it's the key solution here.  These guys should have been handcuffed hand&feet, but somehow, they convinced the judge to relax their conditions as it impaired their defense.  Despite having evidences that they would attempt to flee by helicopter...

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

sbr

Are all prisoners in Canada handcuffed at all times?

Grey Fox

crazy canuck

Quote from: sbr on June 10, 2014, 10:57:32 AM

We generally dont do that.

viper37

Depends on the security threat.  Those with higher security threat are supposed to be handcuffed as soon as they exit their cell.

dps

Quote from: viper37 on June 10, 2014, 03:22:28 PM
Depends on the security threat.  Those with higher security threat are supposed to be handcuffed as soon as they exit their cell.

Some of the comments from Canadian posters here had made it sound like that in Canada, it's standard procedure to keep prisoners in cuffs even while they're in their cells.  I suppose Canadians understood the context, but the rest of us were a bit confused.

viper37

Quote from: dps on June 10, 2014, 11:52:30 PM
Quote from: viper37 on June 10, 2014, 03:22:28 PM

Some of the comments from Canadian posters here had made it sound like that in Canada, it's standard procedure to keep prisoners in cuffs even while they're in their cells.  I suppose Canadians understood the context, but the rest of us were a bit confused.
Sorry about that.

viper37

It seems there was a major fuckup on this.  There's a major fuckup in communications, that's for sure.

Police knew about the escape attempt since March, they even visited the convicts to inform them they knew.  Despite this, someone (not a judge) from correctional services made the decision to relax their security measures, twice.  Apparently, there was no notes in the file about the escape attempt.

The Minister of Justice doesn't look good on this, but it's hard to blame her.  She's just been sweared in, it's a new ministry for her and it seems no one in the Justice department knows what happens, everyone giving contradictory info.  One more PQ mess inherited by this governemnt.

viper37

Back in jail, until some other moron decides to alleviate their security rating.

Speaking of morons, the guys were still in Montreal.

It seems to me, given the level of planification required, given we have the world's largest unguarded border close by, I would have managed to land not so far from the border and move accross on foot or with an ATV, find a vehicle on the other side and be on my way to an airfield where I could leave for Costa Rica or Dominican Republic.  Well, anywhere without an extradition treaty.

Grey Fox

They are not dumb, this was a business escape. Lefebvre doesn't want to disappear, he still wants to control his gang. He can do it from inside the prison no problem. However, there is some deals you need to be present to do.