News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Three Canadian Prisoners Escape in Helicopter

Started by jimmy olsen, June 08, 2014, 01:22:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Inexcusable for a first world country.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/three-canadian-prisoners-escape-helicopter-police-n125506

QuoteThree Canadian Prisoners Escape in Helicopter: Police
By Gil Aegerter

A helicopter swooped into a Canadian prison and carried three prisoners away on Saturday evening, police said.

The men escaped from the prison in Orsainville just north of Quebec City, said Sgt. Audrey-Anne Bilodeau, a spokesperson for the Surete du Quebec, the provincial police force.

The Surete identified the men on its Twitter feed as Serge Pomerleau, 49; Denis Lefebvre, 53; and Yves Denis, 35. But the CBC said the last man's full name was Yves Denis Yvon Lamontagne.

Bilodeau said police were searching for a green helicopter with red and white markings that landed at the prison, though she didn't know whether it landed in a prison yard, on a building or nearby. She said it was last seen heading west from Quebec City.

She said a lone pilot was believed to have been aboard the copter when it arrived at the prison.

"There is a massive manhunt going on to try to locate them," she said.

Airports were alerted to watch for the aircraft, and the military was helping in an air search, she said.

She said she was uncertain of the crimes the men had committed but said they had been sent to prison as a result of Project Crayfish.

That investigation of drug trafficking led to the arrest of dozens of people on various charges.

In March 2013, two men escaped from a prison northwest of Montreal by climbing into a hovering helicopter that had been hijacked. The escapees and two people accused of hijacking the copter were captured within hours, according to media reports at the time.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Viking

yes, all prisons need to be updated with the latest air defense technology.

First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Viking on June 08, 2014, 01:29:43 AM

Unfortunately, it's been shown time and again to be necessary.

Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 20, 2013, 04:09:43 AM
I really hope this guy screamed "No prison can hold me!" and then laughed maniacally as he sped away that last time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_helicopter_prison_escapes
QuoteThe record for most chopper escapes goes to convicted murderer Pascal Payet, who has used helicopters to escape from prisons in 2001, 2003, and most recently 2007.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 08, 2014, 03:07:14 AM

I don't think shooting down a helo over a prison to prevent the potential escape of a couple dudes is a particularly good idea.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on June 08, 2014, 03:21:50 AM

I don't think shooting down a helo over a prison to prevent the potential escape of a couple dudes is a particularly good idea.
You make me sick!  :mad:

1 Karma Chameleon point

The Brain

Helicopter isn't fancy enough for a first world country? Should they have beamed out, Tim?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

CountDeMoney

Jaron

If we put explosive collars on any high security inmates, their means of escape would matter not.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

viper37

Quote from: Viking on June 08, 2014, 01:29:43 AM

Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 20, 2013, 04:09:43 AM
I really hope this guy screamed "No prison can hold me!" and then laughed maniacally as he sped away that last time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_helicopter_prison_escapes
QuoteThe record for most chopper escapes goes to convicted murderer Pascal Payet, who has used helicopters to escape from prisons in 2001, 2003, and most recently 2007.

Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 08, 2014, 01:22:01 AM
Inexcusable for a first world country.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/three-canadian-prisoners-escape-helicopter-police-n125506

QuoteThree Canadian Prisoners Escape in Helicopter: Police
By Gil Aegerter

A helicopter swooped into a Canadian prison and carried three prisoners away on Saturday evening, police said.

The men escaped from the prison in Orsainville just north of Quebec City, said Sgt. Audrey-Anne Bilodeau, a spokesperson for the Surete du Quebec, the provincial police force.

The Surete identified the men on its Twitter feed as Serge Pomerleau, 49; Denis Lefebvre, 53; and Yves Denis, 35. But the CBC said the last man's full name was Yves Denis Yvon Lamontagne.

Bilodeau said police were searching for a green helicopter with red and white markings that landed at the prison, though she didn't know whether it landed in a prison yard, on a building or nearby. She said it was last seen heading west from Quebec City.

She said a lone pilot was believed to have been aboard the copter when it arrived at the prison.

"There is a massive manhunt going on to try to locate them," she said.

Airports were alerted to watch for the aircraft, and the military was helping in an air search, she said.

She said she was uncertain of the crimes the men had committed but said they had been sent to prison as a result of Project Crayfish.

That investigation of drug trafficking led to the arrest of dozens of people on various charges.

In March 2013, two men escaped from a prison northwest of Montreal by climbing into a hovering helicopter that had been hijacked. The escapees and two people accused of hijacking the copter were captured within hours, according to media reports at the time.

It's not a supermax facility.  It's provincial prison, for people sentenced to less than 2 years jail and for those awaiting their trial for more serious crimes, like these 3.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on June 08, 2014, 03:21:50 AM

cables over the courtyard might make things more difficult though.  But it doesn't prevent the helo from dropping a net down, however.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

alfred russel

Quote from: Jaron on June 08, 2014, 10:36:08 AM
If we put explosive collars on any high security inmates, their means of escape would matter not.

They should be linked in groups of ten. If anyone escapes, all 10 security collars explode.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Grey Fox

Why is it unacceptable? It's a job creation process.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.