And we're back!

Main Menu

So, Raz is thinking about going back to School

Started by Razgovory, April 12, 2014, 03:15:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Quote from: The Brain on June 19, 2014, 03:59:00 PM
Just don't shoot it up.

Universities do trigger warnings or whatever these days to prevent people from getting angry or offended.  Situation: fixed.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Razgovory on June 19, 2014, 03:54:14 PM
I do warn you guys, if I start  going to school you'll won't be able to partake in my wisdom as much on this board.  Just so you know.

That's a chance we're just going to have to take, Raz.

Razgovory

Quote from: crazy canuck on June 19, 2014, 04:19:11 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on June 19, 2014, 03:53:16 PM
Doctor said I should take a full schedule which I don't think is wise.  I think I'll take Yi's advice and take one class either English or History.  History would be easier, English would teach me more.  I can take a class as a "visiting student", but it won't count for anything.

Why dont you talk to you doctor about your concerns and see what the doctor says.

I did.  She simply said she didn't want me graduating at age 80.  The social worker (who sees me once a week), agreed with me.  Besides I don't have that much cash on hand.  I have a little over a grand.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

crazy canuck

Quote from: Razgovory on June 19, 2014, 05:39:43 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on June 19, 2014, 04:19:11 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on June 19, 2014, 03:53:16 PM
Doctor said I should take a full schedule which I don't think is wise.  I think I'll take Yi's advice and take one class either English or History.  History would be easier, English would teach me more.  I can take a class as a "visiting student", but it won't count for anything.

Why dont you talk to you doctor about your concerns and see what the doctor says.

I did.  She simply said she didn't want me graduating at age 80.  The social worker (who sees me once a week), agreed with me.  Besides I don't have that much cash on hand.  I have a little over a grand.

Good luck to you then  :)

But on the theme of not graduating when you are 80 why not start taking a course for credit now?  Also, make sure you recieve whatever accomodations you need.  One more thing to talk to your doctor/social worker about.

Caliga

Quote from: Razgovory on June 19, 2014, 05:39:43 PM
If you only have a grand, then it seems like the better option to me would be to try to get a job.  You can then have more money and possibly afford to pay for an education.  Also, don't let anyone trick you into taking out a ton of loans, especially not to some fake for-profit 'university'.  You'll never get a job with a degree from one of those places.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Razgovory

This is a fairly well respected institution.  My dad got a degree there.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017