News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

So, Raz is thinking about going back to School

Started by Razgovory, April 12, 2014, 03:15:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

I think Yi might be on to something.  Since I didn't pass any of those classes at the other school, maybe I won't have to transfer anything.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

derspiess

Quote from: Razgovory on June 19, 2014, 08:20:28 AM
I think Yi might be on to something.  Since I didn't pass any of those classes at the other school, maybe I won't have to transfer anything.

:huh:  If you didn't pass any classes, you wouldn't want the new school to know about that in the first place.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

crazy canuck

Raz, two things are unclear to me.

First, why is a loan is stopping you from getting your transcript?  Normally transcripts are only withheld if there are outstanding fees owed.  Is this a loan you have directly with the school?  That sounds a bit odd to me.  But if it is there may be policies the school has regarding loan forgiveness.

Second, I am not sure why you need the transcript for the reasons Yi stated.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on June 19, 2014, 08:27:02 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on June 19, 2014, 08:20:28 AM

:huh:  If you didn't pass any classes, you wouldn't want the new school to know about that in the first place.

No kidding.

"Have you attended another college or university?"  The answer is NO.

derspiess

Especially if that's how the question was phrased.  He might have enrolled somewhere else at some point, but it sounds like he didn't exactly attend.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

They dont verify that stuff anyway, they're only concerned about established residency.

derspiess

I was kind of surprised Delaware let me in after seeing my Marshall transcript  :Embarrass:

They did shave off almost a year's worth of credits, but they still let me in.

Caliga

Quote from: derspiess on June 19, 2014, 10:59:32 AM
I was kind of surprised Delaware let me in after seeing my Marshall transcript  :Embarrass:
We aren't Marshall?  :(
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

derspiess

Razgovory

You guys are proving quite helpful.  I have some cash, enough to pay for some new classes.  I just can't pay the debt for the old ones (where I didn't graduate because was going insane).  My primary goal is to become more sane and going to classes I hope will help that (along with all the medications I take).
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

CountDeMoney

Then now's as good a time as any to start over.  Forget the other transcripts and coursework, start over and start small.

Razgovory

Doctor said I should take a full schedule which I don't think is wise.  I think I'll take Yi's advice and take one class either English or History.  History would be easier, English would teach me more.  I can take a class as a "visiting student", but it won't count for anything.

Razgovory

I do warn you guys, if I start  going to school you'll won't be able to partake in my wisdom as much on this board.  Just so you know.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Razgovory on June 19, 2014, 03:53:16 PM
Doctor said I should take a full schedule which I don't think is wise.  I think I'll take Yi's advice and take one class either English or History.  History would be easier, English would teach me more.  I can take a class as a "visiting student", but it won't count for anything.

Why dont you talk to you doctor about your concerns and see what the doctor says.