IRS Claims Two Years Of Emails Were Destroyed In A 'Computer Crash;'

Started by jimmy olsen, June 18, 2014, 05:53:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 20, 2014, 12:49:04 PM
Anyway, I'm downloading the federal records management guidelines, I'll try to copy some stuff up on Languish. 

Please do.  I may need something to induce my mid-afternoon siesta.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

All I'll say is I've seen a wide, wide gap between the government and Fortune 200 IT capabilities, competentcies best practices and hardware.  The first word that comes to mind is: Yikes.

Everything and everybody worth anything must be over at NSA and DOD.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on June 20, 2014, 12:57:00 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 20, 2014, 12:49:04 PM
Anyway, I'm downloading the federal records management guidelines, I'll try to copy some stuff up on Languish. 

Please do.  I may need something to induce my mid-afternoon siesta.

Heh, not going to be able to do it until I get home.  Not after Snowden. :ph34r:

Darth Wagtaros

They should have at least tried to be a little more convincing. Anyone in government who lies like this doesn't desrve thier jobs.
PDH!

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

derspiess

The IRS commissioner dude was taking a beating.  Kind of feel bad for him.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Admiral Yi

Heard on interview with him on NPR.  He sounded very intelligent and capable.  Has made a career of salvaging broken agencies.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on June 24, 2014, 12:39:15 PM
The IRS commissioner dude was taking a beating.  Kind of feel bad for him.

He did just fine.

I do feel bad for Darryl Issa, though;  he must be the most frustrated Republican Messiah in the country.  Wants so bad to sit at the grown-up's table, but is stuck with the kids at the folding card table in the kitchen.

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 24, 2014, 01:09:47 PM
He did just fine.

He did about as well as anyone could do in that position, but he still took a beating.

QuoteI do feel bad for Darryl Issa, though;  he must be the most frustrated Republican Messiah in the country.  Wants so bad to sit at the grown-up's table, but is stuck with the kids at the folding card table in the kitchen.

Ooh!  Do Trey Gowdy next :)

Admiral Yi

CountDeMoney

But he would trade it all in to be Ted Cruz, bless his little heart.

derspiess

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 24, 2014, 01:22:27 PM
Darryl Issa is the wealthiest man in Congress.

I guess crime does pay.  You go from boosting cars and arson to the wealthiest man in Congress.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

CountDeMoney

What, nobody remembers Darryl Issa, IT Support Level 3 Supervisor, and the 22 million emails "lost" by the Bush Administration between 2003 and 2005?

QuoteDuring a House Oversight Committee hearing last month on the preservation of White House records, an indignant Rep. Darrell Issa (R-Calif.), a frequent critic of Chairman Henry Waxman's investigations, did his best to play down the extent of the Bush administration's now well-documented email archiving problems. Defending the White House's decision to switch from the Lotus Notes-based archiving system used by the Clinton administration, Issa compared the software to "using wooden wagon wheels" and Sony Betamax tapes. To observers of the missing emails controversy, Issa's comments seemed little more than an attempt to deflect blame from the White House for replacing a working system for archiving presidential records with an ad hoc substitute. But to IT professionals who use Lotus at their companies, Issa's remarks seemed controversial, if not downright slanderous. Now, according to an executive at IBM, the software's manufacturer, the California congressman has apologized for his characterization of Lotus and offered to correct the congressional record.