IRS Claims Two Years Of Emails Were Destroyed In A 'Computer Crash;'

Started by jimmy olsen, June 18, 2014, 05:53:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Razgovory on June 24, 2014, 01:37:26 PM
I guess crime does pay.  You go from boosting cars and arson to the wealthiest man in Congress.

I have a strong suspicion you're making up shit.

KRonn

The new head of the IRS is a lapdog for the powers to be. He may have been a decent guy/manager before coming to IRS but he's now a willing obstructionist.
I was shocked and amazed at the chutzpah this guy showed in defying Congress, kind of like passive aggressive. The emails aren't lost, they can't be lost. Everything about losing the hard drives of half a dozen users, Lehrner and other higher ups, is BS. The emails aren't only on the user's computers!! IRS even had a private company keeping all the emails, backups, whatever.  This really calls for  a special prosecutor, even Dems are saying so. Once they start grilling the IT staff and others this whole house of cards concocted by the IRS and their handlers will come crashing down.
I fail to understand how anyone can be supportive of the IRS in this debacle. Some Democrats had the balls to apologize to the IRS chief! Ryan correctly said that the IRS should be apologizing to the people. This is beyond party politics, it's more like rogue agency stuff.

CountDeMoney

Hansmeister fired his profile, and assumed KRonnmeister's.  Daayum.

DGuller

Meh, that was actually a good post by KRonn.  Most of them go like "These bad things are horrible.  Why don't people do good things instead of bad things?"

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 24, 2014, 01:41:39 PM
I guess crime does pay.  You go from boosting cars and arson to the wealthiest man in Congress.

Check your radar.  I would have thought you had heard about his indictment for grand theft auto or that he was suspected of committing arson and insurance fraud.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

DGuller

Neil

Who knows what the IRS is capable of?  When people get into a siege mentality, things can get a little weird.

I blame the monsters that have taken over the Republican Party for any wrongdoing in the IRS.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: DGuller on June 24, 2014, 05:16:06 PM
Meh, that was actually a good post by KRonn.  Most of them go like "These bad things are horrible.  Why don't people do good things instead of bad things?"

That's a good question. I believe Plato's answer was that they think those bad things were actually good.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Siege

Quote from: Neil on June 24, 2014, 05:32:25 PM
Who knows what the IRS is capable of?  When people get into a siege mentality, things can get a little weird.

I blame the monsters that have taken over the Republican Party for any wrongdoing in the IRS.

What? Whos getting into my mentality?

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

The Brain

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 24, 2014, 01:41:39 PM

Make-up shits are the best.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

LaCroix

Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 18, 2014, 05:53:46 AM
I'm sure the NSA will get back to him right away with that. :D

https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20140615/12155027589/irs-claims-two-years-emails-were-destroyed-computer-crash-congressman-asks-nsa-to-supply-missing-email-metadata.shtml

Tons of links embedded in the article at the source
Quote[Sidebar: I do really love the fact that this sort of thing is becoming increasingly common -- the use of the NSA as the backup-of-last-resort for phone/email/internet communications data. If anyone claims it can't find email X or phone record Y, someone's going to say, "Hey, I'll bet the NSA has a copy!" Hilarious. The NSA will never again be allowed to pretend it doesn't harvest data on American citizens.]

why would anyone take this article seriously after, especially, this comment?

i'm inclined to believe the IRS because I don't have paranoia about large US government agencies.

and, looking around, sure enough the emails might be recoverable after all.

http://online.wsj.com/articles/hunt-for-missing-irs-emails-resumes-1406152329

DGuller

Quote from: derspiess on July 30, 2014, 01:09:00 PM
Lois Lerner sounds like she might be a good fit for Languish.

http://waysandmeans.house.gov/uploadedfiles/lerner_email_a.pdf
Yikes.  This is the kind of divisive language that divides us as a country, and prevents us from solving our problems.