Tea Party Candidate Says It's OK To Stone Gays To Death

Started by garbon, June 12, 2014, 09:33:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ideologue

Quote from: Viking on June 13, 2014, 02:26:39 AM
Quote from: Ideologue on June 12, 2014, 06:50:04 PM
I didn't call you a homophobe.

Anyway, I don't like showering in a public bath.  That's not homophobia, I just don't like being naked around people I'm not fucking.

This indicates a problem for me. Linking nudity to sex or sexuality like that  suggest you have problems. But, we knew that already.

This especially baffling to me when I'm back at home watching tourists at swimming pools. Iceland has a elaborate public bathing culture where the hot-tub at the swimming pool often fill the role the cafe or the pub does in other cultures. Foreigners often either don't shower before getting in the pool (unsanitary imho) or try try showering with their swimming trunks on (merely less unsanitary than not showering). Perhaps it's an issue culture or exposure, but showers are for getting clean and hot tubs and saunas are for relaxing and socializing.

The guy who cant stand naked next to another naked guy without thinking about gay sex has problems.

If I linked nudity to sex, it's because the sexual organs are visible.  It's not a huge leap.

In any event, besides not wanting to see other people's dicks while I'm bathing (or vaginas, for that matter*--I don't want to go shower in the women's locker room, either), I also don't like being exposed to other people's gazes.  For one thing, I don't want my cock looked at unless I'm going to get hard, or by anybody except someone who is about to or has seen it hard, and preferably felt it inside them.  For another, I don't particularly want to be judged by some ultra-fit douchebro; by the same token, I don't want to sit in judgment over fatbody slobs; I don't want anybody to ask me about the fucking scars on my arm when I'm trying to clean my asshole.  It's just not a social activity and I want nothing to do with it.

*I do occasionally shower with girlfriends, usually at their insistence.  I don't like that because it's inefficient and crowded.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ideologue

Incidentally, having feelings about other people's preferences for public nudity?  WTF is your deal?
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Viking

Quote from: Ideologue on June 13, 2014, 04:24:25 AM

If I linked nudity to sex, it's because the sexual organs are visible.  It's not a huge leap.

In any event, besides not wanting to see other people's dicks while I'm bathing (or vaginas, for that matter*--I don't want to go shower in the women's locker room, either), I also don't like being exposed to other people's gazes.  For one thing, I don't want my cock looked at unless I'm going to get hard, or by anybody except someone who is about to or has seen it hard, and preferably felt it inside them.  For another, I don't particularly want to be judged by some ultra-fit douchebro; by the same token, I don't want to sit in judgment over fatbody slobs; I don't want anybody to ask me about the fucking scars on my arm when I'm trying to clean my asshole.  It's just not a social activity and I want nothing to do with it.

*I do occasionally shower with girlfriends, usually at their insistence.  I don't like that because it's inefficient and crowded.

OMG, you a sound like a girl with body image issues.

Why no like nudity with urination or defecation?
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

The Brain

I have showered in an army that was open to gays. It rated about a 0 on the give a fuck scale. I just don't bodyshame easily I guess.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Ideologue

Quote from: Viking on June 13, 2014, 04:28:52 AM

OMG, you a sound like a girl with body image issues.

Your attempt to question my masculinity doesn't threaten me, Euro.

QuoteWhy no like nudity with urination or defecation?

Your English skills do, however, undermine my comprehension.  I think you're asking if I piss in a trough like some kind of primitive?  Not if I can avoid it.  I really don't like seeing, hearing, or smelling ( :x ) dudes urinating or defecating (and taking shits outside of the home is rude except under extreme duress--but, given the frequency I get confronted with people doing it, I seem to be the only one who ever learned their manners).

I did sort of get over the former, with women, since the ex had a fetish.

Quote from: BrainI have showered in an army that was open to gays. It rated about a 0 on the give a fuck scale. I just don't bodyshame easily I guess.

It's not like it's something I couldn't do.  I can force my body to do practically anything I choose it to do.  But showers are supposed to be nice and relaxing.  (It occurs to me I also don't want some dipshit calling me on spending twenty-five minutes in the shower, because that's what I enjoy.)

Hell, I'm rationalize it as a body thing above, and I think that's certainly part of it.  But it occurs to me I don't even like crowds in the first place, as they have an unpleasant, oppressive quality.  Why would I like to be in a crowd naked any more than I like to be in line at the grocery store clothed?
Kinemalogue

The Brain

Nice and relaxing? Showers are about trying to wash the filth away.

Ideologue

Quote from: The Brain on June 13, 2014, 04:41:18 AM
Nice and relaxing? Showers are about trying to wash the filth away.

Do you scrub until you bleed?  It's the only way to be sure you're clean.
Kinemalogue

Viking

Quote from: Ideologue on June 13, 2014, 04:40:18 AM
Quote from: Viking on June 13, 2014, 04:28:52 AM

QuoteWhy noT liNke nudity with urination or defecation?

Your English skills do, however, undermine my comprehension.

typos

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Viking

Quote from: Ideologue on June 13, 2014, 04:40:18 AM
Your attempt to question my masculinity doesn't threaten me, Euro.

There is no need to question your masculinity to convince people of your lack of it. Your virtual sock puppet cross dressing in your ex's account did that for you long ago.  :secret:

Ideologue

Kinemalogue

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

The Brain

Malthus

Quote from: Viking on June 13, 2014, 02:26:39 AM
Quote from: Ideologue on June 12, 2014, 06:50:04 PM
I didn't call you a homophobe.

Anyway, I don't like showering in a public bath.  That's not homophobia, I just don't like being naked around people I'm not fucking.

This indicates a problem for me. Linking nudity to sex or sexuality like that  suggest you have problems. But, we knew that already.

This especially baffling to me when I'm back at home watching tourists at swimming pools. Iceland has a elaborate public bathing culture where the hot-tub at the swimming pool often fill the role the cafe or the pub does in other cultures. Foreigners often either don't shower before getting in the pool (unsanitary imho) or try try showering with their swimming trunks on (merely less unsanitary than not showering). Perhaps it's an issue culture or exposure, but showers are for getting clean and hot tubs and saunas are for relaxing and socializing.

The guy who cant stand naked next to another naked guy without thinking about gay sex has problems.

You get over it really quickly, if you have any reason to. I belong to a health club where I exercise twice a week in a losing battle against decrepitude ( ;) ); naturally, after exercise, I hit the showers, which are full of flabby office drones like myself. At first I was a bit self-concious about being nekked in public, but I quickly ceased to give a shit. Likewise, no-one else gives a shit. People mind their own business, as is polite.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Valmy

I shower at the gym at the University of Texas every morning so I am surrounded by ripped frat bros.  It is rather amusing how there can be 10 or more naked men in one small room showering all of us doing our best to pretend the other dudes are not even there  :lol:

I found it hilariously awkward at first.  Now it is just boringly normal.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall