News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Tide of Children Sweeps Across U.S. Borders

Started by jimmy olsen, June 11, 2014, 06:35:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Anyway, although he only bothered to comment on the title of the article, I imagine Timmay is tickled to death over this happening-- given how he thinks illegal immigration is great and lamented seeing that brief drop in illegal immigration a year or two ago.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

alfred russel

Quote from: HVC on June 12, 2014, 08:44:16 AM
I nominate that the name for a group of children be "An Annoyance"

A single child is an annoyance. I don't know that the word captures the implications of 50,000 unaccompanied kids.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

derspiess

Quote from: alfred russel on June 12, 2014, 08:52:38 AM

A single child is an annoyance. I don't know that the word captures the implications of 50,000 unaccompanied kids.

Hell, the 6 kids at my house this weekend were bad enough.  One of them got the bright idea to "plant birdseed" in my front flower bed.  Not only did I end up with a gigantic hole in my flower bed, but also birdseed all over the floor of my garage. 
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

That would be called "University of North Carolina"

Ed Anger

Quote from: derspiess on June 12, 2014, 09:13:56 AM

Hell, the 6 kids at my house this weekend were bad enough.  One of them got the bright idea to "plant birdseed" in my front flower bed.  Not only did I end up with a gigantic hole in my flower bed, but also birdseed all over the floor of my garage.
6?

N00b
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Barrister

Quote from: derspiess on June 12, 2014, 09:13:56 AM

Were they expecting to start growing birds in your flower bed? :D
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

derspiess

derspiess

Quote from: Barrister on June 12, 2014, 11:40:27 AM

I was too pissed to ask, but yeah, probably.

Sheilbh

I suppose it's better than a tide of children breaking against America :mellow:
Let's bomb Russia!

Barrister

Quote from: derspiess on June 12, 2014, 11:42:31 AM
Quote from: Barrister on June 12, 2014, 11:40:27 AM

I was too pissed to ask, but yeah, probably.

See, how can you be overly upset at that. :lol:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Valmy

Quote from: Sheilbh on June 12, 2014, 12:00:12 PM
I suppose it's better than a tide of children breaking against America :mellow:

We are talking about real problems here ok Shielbh!
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

derspiess

Quote from: Barrister on June 12, 2014, 12:03:05 PM

Because the birdseed was all over the damned place.  And still is in the corners.

PDH

Quote from: derspiess on June 12, 2014, 12:13:53 PM

Because the birdseed was all over the damned place.  And still is in the corners.

The good news is that all the mice in the neighborhood will eat it now.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

derspiess

Quote from: PDH on June 12, 2014, 12:17:46 PM
Quote from: derspiess on June 12, 2014, 12:13:53 PM

The good news is that all the mice in the neighborhood will eat it now.

Or whatever damned animal wanders in from the woods.  We have squirrels, raccoons, opossum, deer, rabbits, moles, groundhogs, and who knows what else.