News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

House Leader Eric Cantor Loses Primary

Started by jimmy olsen, June 11, 2014, 01:47:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malthus

Beaten by the Brat.

The Cantor campaign should have used this Ramones tune as their campaign song.  :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HUGeA2lur4

Ah, well, there is always the elections.  :D
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 11, 2014, 09:08:54 AM
Bitching about Cantor being too "establishment" is hilarious.  That's how shit gets done for your Party, like getting Batshit Bachmann onto the House Intelligence Committee, or stocking the Science and Technology Committee with climate change-deniers, Jesus dinosaur riders and McRapist fans. But obstructing the President isn't enough, we don't want our people to even talk to him.

Just proves the most rabid of the Teabaggers dont want to do shit with government, except destroy it. 

Yeah just like people who decided to a foist a junior senator on the nation.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Sheilbh on June 11, 2014, 04:42:46 AM
Also how bad is GOP internal polling? Romney thought he was winning, Cantor thought he had a double digit lead. This should worry them.

I read an interesting piece the other day taking the position that accurate polling is impossible in an era where people rely on a mobile phones more than a land lines because it is impossible to obtain a representative sample like the good old days when the telephone book database would do.

The pre electon polls were alos badly off for our Provincial election as another example.

On the bright side we might get back to politicians making decisions based on principle rather than polling data.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on June 11, 2014, 10:15:39 AM

Yeah, I have no idea what people were thinking in 1960.

MadImmortalMan

Looks like he's going to step down as leader in a minute.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 11, 2014, 11:30:24 AM

Yeah, I have no idea what people were thinking in 1960.

Is that consider a highlight? :unsure:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

grumbler

"Foist?"  :lmfao:

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

"Elected" is the word you are looking for. 
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

grumbler

The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

garbon

alfred russel

Quote from: garbon on June 11, 2014, 12:47:03 PM
I'll pass on that opportunity.

I think the opportunity was foisted upon you.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

CountDeMoney

garbon

DGuller

Malthus

Quote from: DGuller on June 11, 2014, 01:35:20 PM
Quote from: garbon on June 11, 2014, 12:47:03 PM
I'll pass on that opportunity.
There's a foist time for everything.

This deserves a foist in the face.  :P
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius