Another US school shooter - Portland, this time

Started by merithyn, June 10, 2014, 11:54:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

Nanobots that target firearms. Can be spread through the water supply.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Valmy on June 10, 2014, 03:53:12 PM
That last big gun bill in Florida they made it possible for people convicted of gun felonies to carry concealed weapons so I am not really sure what legal avenues they can go through even with past convicts.

Canada is beckoning Valmy

Ideologue

Quote from: Valmy on June 10, 2014, 02:54:07 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on June 10, 2014, 02:47:03 PM
Ruh-roh.

Sometimes Ide feels like somebody's watching...erm....him

I'm probably out of the age demographic for spree killer though.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

CountDeMoney

That last big gun bill in Florida they made it possible for people convicted of gun felonies to carry concealed weapons so I am not really sure what legal avenues they can go through even with past convicts.

That's OK, Indiana did one better in 2012:  Mitch Daniels allowed an amendment to the Castle Doctrine law, so residents are now permitted to use deadly force against police officers if they feel they are subject to an "unlawful intrusion."  Supported by the NRA, of course.

Valmy

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 10, 2014, 04:13:53 PM

That's OK, Indiana did one better in 2012:  Mitch Daniels allowed an amendment to the Castle Doctrine law, so residents are now permitted to use deadly force against police officers if they feel they are subject to an "unlawful intrusion."  Supported by the NRA, of course.

It is now the Cop Killer Law. I am no big fan of the cops but this is getting ridiculous.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

derspiess

Unnecessary--  cops never raid the wrong house.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Razgovory

I'm not sure shooting the police is the best way to deescalate the situation.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on June 10, 2014, 04:34:31 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoCOXYiYM8g

The suspect is hatless, repeat, hatless
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

HVC

shooting at the cops won't make it better. Before you had a pissed off guy with a broken door and a lawsuit, now you have a dead guy.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Razgovory

Quote from: HVC on June 10, 2014, 04:47:37 PM

shooting at the cops won't make it better. Before you had a pissed off guy with a broken door and a lawsuit, now you have a dead guy.

Worked out for Randy Weaver.  How else is a Aryan Nation guy going to be a national hero.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Tamas

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 10, 2014, 02:25:21 PM
Quote from: Barrister on June 10, 2014, 01:29:36 PM

Identity of the shooter.

Fuck the shooters, they're all interchangeable after a while anyway, one's no different than the next.

You don't get it do you? If no national fapping over the name, photo, and family history of the shooter, then they cannot gain fame and "immortality" by doing it

Razgovory

Quote from: Tamas on June 10, 2014, 04:59:36 PM

Identity of the shooter.

Fuck the shooters, they're all interchangeable after a while anyway, one's no different than the next.

You don't get it do you? If no national fapping over the name, photo, and family history of the shooter, then they cannot gain fame and "immortality" by doing it

I don't think that's why they all do it.  Most of them seem to be suicides where they want to take out a few people with them.  Thirty years ago, most of them would have just hung themselves or something.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Tamas on June 10, 2014, 04:59:36 PM

Identity of the shooter.

People remember serial killers more than mass shooters.  Everybody remembers Jeffrey Dahmer, John Wayne Gacy, Bianchi and Buono, what they did and why.  Virginia Tech?  That Asian guy.

And why? Because serial killers do it with panache.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: HVC on June 10, 2014, 04:47:37 PM

And a much twitchier police force.  But hey, you want to be able to legally shoot cops?  Don't be surprised when that 63-in-a-55-mph warning turns into a felony car stop, and everybody's eating pavement at the end of a shotgun.

Funny how this shit is always the same with these racist gunnutter assfucks.  White people want to be able to shoot the police, the NRA's all for it.  The Black Panther Party wants to protect themselves against targeted and specific harassment?  Oh, no, no, no, we can't have damn dirty nee-groes running around with loaded guns, the NRA's more than happy to pitch in for gun control then. 

Cops never raid the wrong house...fuck you.  Maybe when your house is broken into while you're on vacation, they'll respond to the wrong house then, too.  Asshole.

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".