The Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant Megathread

Started by Tamas, June 10, 2014, 07:37:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacob

Valmy

Quote from: Jacob on February 16, 2015, 07:06:01 PM
Pretty interesting, yeah.

It's kind of amusing to note that ISIL is counting on Jesus to lead them to victory.

Man that would certainly be a shocker to my church.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Jacob

Quote from: Valmy on February 16, 2015, 07:07:14 PM
Quote from: Jacob on February 16, 2015, 07:06:01 PM
Pretty interesting, yeah.

It's kind of amusing to note that ISIL is counting on Jesus to lead them to victory.

Man that would certainly be a shocker to my church.

Yeah, but on the other hand it seems like there's a lot of common ground between certain doomsday inclined Christians and Muslims.

Jacob

Valmy

Quote from: Jacob on February 16, 2015, 07:11:50 PM
Yeah, but on the other hand it seems like there's a lot of common ground between certain doomsday inclined Christians and Muslims.

I was going to type something about that, about how unlikely it is that Westerners truly cannot comprehend what ISIS is all about because we have nutter groups like that throughout history.  The whole 'murder until the apocalypse comes along purifying us all' is an idea that is not exactly unique to the Muslims.

But I decided it was not necessarily a path I wanted to go down.

But that does not begin to explain how returning from the dead to lead the ISIS army would fundamentally conflict with our concept of Jesus  :lol:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Ed Anger

Pontus Pilate will come back to lead the West's armies.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Valmy

Quote from: Ed Anger on February 16, 2015, 07:25:42 PM
Pontus Pilate will come back to lead the West's armies.

Hehe.

I was thinking Christians would seriously have to re-evaluate how they thought about that story.  'Holy shit Judas was the good guy after all.'

Admiral Yi

For the Latin scholars: is Pilate pronounced Pilot or Pilate(s)? Or Pilatey?

mongers

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 16, 2015, 07:27:21 PM
For the Latin scholars: is Pilate pronounced Pilot or Pilate(s)? Or Pilatey?

As in type of exercise.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

mongers

Just seen a news item where the interviewer asks ex-Danish PM Rasmussen; "more than 100 jihadis have left from Denmark, what does that say about Danish society" 

:bleeding: :bleeding:

Wacky idea, maybe it says absolutely nothing?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Jacob

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 16, 2015, 09:02:08 PM
Totally agree.

Me too.

I'm kinda sympathetic to the notion in the article Spellus posted: let them go if they want to. Don't let them come back.

celedhring