The Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant Megathread

Started by Tamas, June 10, 2014, 07:37:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacob

Quote from: Martinus on February 05, 2015, 11:41:48 AM
Well, to me "hot" means "sexually attractive to people of the appropriate sexual orientation". I can observe reactions of others and extrapolate - I don't need to get an erection to realise someone is hot.

Heterosexual men who claim that they cannot judge if another guy is hot have always baffled me.

Well, there's also the fact that people have different beauty standards. Some like skinny, some like soft, some like muscular; some care more about the face or other particular features; while others yet care about the supposed physical manifestation of certain personality traits (intelligence, trustworthiness, lasciviousness, passion, confidence, submissiveness, innocence, experience etc)... that can muddy the water a bit for people when they can't default to "that's what I personally find sexually attractive".

CountDeMoney

Heterosexual men who claim that they cannot judge if another guy is hot have always baffled me.

I like 'em pretty and dainty, like a girly girl, or a flower that's about to get assbanged. 

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Razgovory

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on February 05, 2015, 05:48:20 AM
Quote from: Martinus on February 05, 2015, 05:32:34 AM
Hitler was also supported by the majority of Germans.

Not when he was elected. And subsequent "elections" didn't have opposition parties running.

Putin may be a corrupt autocrat, but he appears to have maintained a democratic mandate. More like Richard Daley than Hitler.

:lol:  Southerners!
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Valmy

I certainly have opinions about what is attractive about other dudes.  But that does not mean I would be a good source of knowledge on what gay men and heterosexual women find hot.

Damn did we just turn the ISIS thread into a gay thread?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: garbon on February 05, 2015, 11:29:16 AM
Quote from: Valmy on February 05, 2015, 09:35:20 AM
Nowhere does it say anything about multiple citizenship, which I was under the impression the US did not even recognize.

Which is also not true. :P

See?  Until you open your mouth and say your stupid thoughts you never know which ones are stupid and which ones are not.  I actually heard that here from Yi or Spicey or somebody else.  Or thought I did, it was a long time ago.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on February 05, 2015, 12:41:32 PM
Quote from: garbon on February 05, 2015, 11:29:16 AM
Quote from: Valmy on February 05, 2015, 09:35:20 AM
Nowhere does it say anything about multiple citizenship, which I was under the impression the US did not even recognize.

Which is also not true. :P

See?  Until you open your mouth and say your stupid thoughts you never know which ones are stupid and which ones are not.  I actually heard that here from Yi or Spicey or somebody else.  Or thought I did, it was a long time ago.

It falls under that same thing where they can revoke your citizenship if you are applying to be naturalized in another country, if there is indication that the US citizen has the intentions of renouncing American citizenship.

I don't think they do anything though if you are a person who acquires dual citizenship status through birth - though there are probably some provisos in there. I know way back that they used to force the issue as my mother was required when she turned 18 to decide if she wanted to keep her American or German citizenship.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Valmy

Does that mean North Carolina is not in the South?

dps

Eddie Teach

Why would it? They're in the other Southern conference.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Siege

Metrosexual is better than homosexual.
Oh wait...

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Martinus

Quote from: Valmy on February 05, 2015, 12:39:35 PM

I certainly have opinions about what is attractive about other dudes.  But that does not mean I would be a good source of knowledge on what gay men and heterosexual women find hot.

Damn did we just turn the ISIS thread into a gay thread?

Perhaps but that's probably because gay men's and straight women's choices are not being telegraphed all the time by the popular culture. On the other hand anyone with a tv and an internet can quickly figure out the type of a woman most straight men would find attractive.

derspiess

Quote from: Valmy on February 05, 2015, 12:41:32 PM

My understanding is that the US does not recognize dual citizenship.  I never said you can't maintain different passports.  I.e., if I get my Argentine citizenship, the US will not recognize me as an Argentine citizen.  I can still travel to Argentina and use my Argentine passport to get into the country and avoid that annoying anti-US fee.

Or to use an actual real-life example, my wife is an Argentine citizen and a US citizen.  But since the point she became a US citizen the US government does not recognize her Argentine citizenship.  They didn't confiscate her Argie passport and force her at gunpoint to renounce her Argie citizenship.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall