The Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant Megathread

Started by Tamas, June 10, 2014, 07:37:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Siege

I say citizenship should be conditional to military service for all people, no matter if native born or not.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Agelastus

Quote from: Siege on February 04, 2015, 02:06:28 PM
I say citizenship should be conditional to military service for all people, no matter if native born or not.

You just want the power armour, don't you, Mr. "Mobile Infantryman"?
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

Siege

Quote from: Agelastus on February 04, 2015, 02:12:58 PM

You just want the power armour, don't you, Mr. "Mobile Infantryman"?

Stop it!
It is not polite to point out other people's secret agenda.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

OttoVonBismarck

I'd agree as long as we  ban any Jews from the military.

Sheilbh

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on February 04, 2015, 12:01:03 PM
Yeah, I think Britain had talked of stripping these people of citizenship but largely dropped the effort when it was decided it wouldn't be legal.
The justice officers of this government have a really bad habit of being fucking ignorant on basic points of law. This is an example. Another was a recent easy-read leaflet for people with learning difficulties on the trial process which reversed the burden of proof :bleeding:
Let's bomb Russia!

Admiral Yi

CNN reported UAE pulled out its planes because of the pilot barbeque.

mongers

Quote from: Sheilbh on February 04, 2015, 08:01:03 PM
Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on February 04, 2015, 12:01:03 PM
Yeah, I think Britain had talked of stripping these people of citizenship but largely dropped the effort when it was decided it wouldn't be legal.
The justice officers of this government have a really bad habit of being fucking ignorant on basic points of law. This is an example. Another was a recent easy-read leaflet for people with learning difficulties on the trial process which reversed the burden of proof :bleeding:

No I think that 'error' was make in the drafting of the new law; the learning difficulties leaflet is now the accurate description.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

mongers

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 04, 2015, 08:06:18 PM

That's in rather poor taste.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

dps

Quote from: Valmy on February 04, 2015, 01:33:45 PM
[Considering this is a group we are at war with that seems even more applicable.

Well, we probably should be at war with them, but we're not.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: mongers on February 04, 2015, 08:09:07 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 04, 2015, 08:06:18 PM

That's in rather poor taste.

It's also incorrect, as the article I posted earlier today stated they pulled out in December after he was shot down, not because of his murder.

Razgovory

Quote from: Martinus on February 03, 2015, 03:48:15 PM
I definitely would be willing to fight for my freedoms if islamists threatened my homeland. As it were, I still live in a civilised society, where we can delegate fighting to a dedicated profession.

Yeah, it's not like your country borders an anti-gay dictatorship. :rolleyes:
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Razgovory on February 04, 2015, 11:12:35 PM

Is it a dictatorship when the majority of the population actually supports it?  :hmm:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on February 04, 2015, 11:17:03 PM

Is it a dictatorship when the majority of the population actually supports it?  :hmm:

Yes? :huh:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Razgovory

Uh yeah.  Dictatorships often require public support as well.

And lets be honest, Marty hid in the closet for most of his life, he's not exactly the type to become a freedom fighter.  He'd either flee are collaborate.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Martinus

Hitler was also supported by the majority of Germans.