Started by Tamas, June 10, 2014, 07:37:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Agelastus

"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

KRonn

Quote from: Drakken on February 03, 2015, 01:10:03 PM
Jordan news report that six ISIS prisoners will be moved to a prison with death row facilities to be executed within the next few hours.

It'll be interesting to see if they go through with this, but given that they've made the statement that they'll execute the prisoners then they almost need to do it.

Maybe the Arab states of the region will, at some point, finally get off their duffs and start sending in large ground forces. It's like they're waiting for the US and Europe to do so but this is a nasty issue that's right next door and is a huge problem for them. They need some sort of military system similar to what the African Union has which just sent troops to Nigeria and does so in other African hot spots.

Grey Fox

How can they work together, they hate eachother for not following the right sort of Islam.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

KRonn

Quote from: Grey Fox on February 03, 2015, 02:17:20 PM
How can they work together, they hate eachother for not following the right sort of Islam.

Many of them are Sunni Arabs. Jordan, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, UAE, Kuwait. And where they're divided they still face a much larger threat in the ruthless ideology that threatens them. 

Ed Anger

Quote from: Razgovory on February 03, 2015, 12:25:21 PM
Yeah, keeping your cool is a terrible thing to do, much better then fly off the handle and demand that millions are slaughtered.

Calling for the death of millions is my job.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Drakken

Quote from: KRonn on February 03, 2015, 02:10:08 PM
It'll be interesting to see if they go through with this, but given that they've made the statement that they'll execute the prisoners then they almost need to do it.

Maybe the Arab states of the region will, at some point, finally get off their duffs and start sending in large ground forces. It's like they're waiting for the US and Europe to do so but this is a nasty issue that's right next door and is a huge problem for them. They need some sort of military system similar to what the African Union has which just sent troops to Nigeria and does so in other African hot spots.

They are to be executed tomorrow at dawn.

http://news.yahoo.com/jordan-execute-female-bomber-wednesday-191536008.html

Martinus

Quote from: Caliga on February 03, 2015, 01:29:42 PM
An eye for an eye leaves everyone blind, Mart. :(

That's why I am not advocating an eye for an eye. Rather, we should kill 1000 of theirs for every dead of us. Creating martyrs is much less potent if there is noone alive to worship them.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Jacob on February 03, 2015, 01:07:05 PM
I wasn't attacking you. I was making a distinction between being willing to fight and being willing to have other people fight for you. And, having made that distinction, I was wondering what you were willing to actually fight for yourself.

It's a moot question. Why does he need to fight for things he already has?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Caliga

Quote from: Martinus on February 03, 2015, 03:41:19 PM

That's why I am not advocating an eye for an eye. Rather, we should kill 1000 of theirs for every dead of us. Creating martyrs is much less potent if there is noone alive to worship them.
Death solves all problems... no man, no problem? :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Martinus

I definitely would be willing to fight for my freedoms if islamists threatened my homeland. As it were, I still live in a civilised society, where we can delegate fighting to a dedicated profession.

Martinus

Quote from: Caliga on February 03, 2015, 03:47:36 PM
Quote from: Martinus on February 03, 2015, 03:41:19 PM

Death solves all problems... no man, no problem? :)

With these monsters? Yes. There is no reasoning with them, so only absolute extermination will do.

Crazy_Ivan80

then they won't be able to fight much anymore there and we can recolonise the lands :p

Valmy

Europe has plenty of Muslims to do so.  I am sure they would all be delighted at the opportunity.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: KRonn on February 03, 2015, 02:24:38 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on February 03, 2015, 02:17:20 PM

Many of them are Sunni Arabs. Jordan, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, UAE, Kuwait. And where they're divided they still face a much larger threat in the ruthless ideology that threatens them.

maybe they don't see it as a real threat but rather an ideal to be reached...

mongers

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-31121160

QuoteGen Ali Shukri, a former Jordanian army officer, told the BBC the news would cause "total dismay" in Jordan.

"This is something that hasn't been seen before," he said.

"It's an absolute terror. Now the very old saying of an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth is going to be brought back, and I think days ahead of us will show that to [IS] and whoever is supporting them."

A biblical response might be the one they, ISIL, best understand?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"