The Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant Megathread

Started by Tamas, June 10, 2014, 07:37:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

Quote from: Baron von Schtinkenbutt on October 06, 2014, 04:40:55 PM
The M-60 is such a beautiful tank. :wub:

Yeah, I had a pile of those 285th/300 scale metal wargaming tanks as a kid, M60a2, Sheridans, M113s, those weird recon APCs (Lynx?) plus a pile of soviet opposition T62, BTR60s/50s BRDM1/2s etc.   
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Admiral Yi

Are those modified turrets?  Something looks a little off.

Razgovory

M60's went through a lot of iterations.  Some of the later ones had really wild turrets with a 152mm gun.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Razgovory on October 06, 2014, 08:46:09 PM
M60's went through a lot of iterations.  Some of the later ones had really wild turrets with a 152mm gun.

As I understood it, the 152mm turret was only on the cancelled A2.  The A3 went back to the 105mm cannon.
Experience bij!

Queequeg

QuoteThe dramatic value of the pic is really lowered by that dude in the left just loitering around
That would make a lot more sense if you'd spent more than a weekend in Istanbul.
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Liep on October 02, 2014, 04:46:02 AM
We're at war with ISIS/ISIL/IS/Daech. :w00t: Which is good, it felt terrible having a year without being at war somewhere in the Middle East. We truly are indebted to Fogh for starting this wonderful tradition.

http://english.alarabiya.net/en/News/middle-east/2014/09/26/Denmark-to-send-seven-F-16s-to-fight-is-group-in-Iraq-PM-.html (It did indeed pass with a big majority)

Fixed it for you! :)
It's the arab acronym which is better for puns involving dogs and defecation with a more than colloquial language level (chiens/chier) in French.

Tamas

Quote from: Queequeg on October 06, 2014, 10:42:48 PM
QuoteThe dramatic value of the pic is really lowered by that dude in the left just loitering around
That would make a lot more sense if you'd spent more than a weekend in Istanbul.

I saw plenty of loitering blokes in their jeans and leather jackets during those few days, thankyouverymuch.

Tamas

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-29507410

It almost sounds as the article lists these girls inability to live under Sharia law in Europe a western failing.
Let them go, especially if they lose their British passport in the process.

I mean, I moved to England because I wanted to live in a modern democracy. It should be fine for those who want to live in the middle ages to move to IS controlled territory.

mongers

Quote from: DontSayBanana on October 06, 2014, 09:18:22 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on October 06, 2014, 08:46:09 PM

As I understood it, the 152mm turret was only on the cancelled A2.  The A3 went back to the 105mm cannon.

It wasn't cancelled and was deployed in some numbers.

Viking

isn't that the 152 mm snub nose thing that was basically a horizontal mortar that could be used to fire AT missiles too?
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

mongers

Quote from: Viking on October 07, 2014, 06:29:15 AM
isn't that the 152 mm snub nose thing that was basically a horizontal mortar that could be used to fire AT missiles too?

Indeed, also used in the M551 Sheridan.

Viking

Quote from: mongers on October 07, 2014, 06:35:54 AM
Quote from: Viking on October 07, 2014, 06:29:15 AM

Indeed, also used in the M551 Sheridan.

The aluminium tank?
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Malthus

Canada is proudly deploying two of our wheelbarrows beside our allies in this fight.  :)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius