The Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant Megathread

Started by Tamas, June 10, 2014, 07:37:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

Quote from: jimmy olsen on August 07, 2014, 07:44:20 AM
Qouting the Guardian, they have 30-50,000 men now

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/08/06/40000-yazidi-iraqis-stranded-on-mountain-as-isis-jihadists-threaten-death/

All the savage opportunists from the gazillion other robber bands I mean islamist revolutionary organisations in the region must be flocking under their flag.

Valmy

Quote from: LaCroix on August 06, 2014, 07:29:05 PM
Quote from: Valmy on August 06, 2014, 09:09:15 AMAnyway agreed I look forward to all those 'not anti-Semites but humanitarians' marching against ISIS across Europe.

i think it has to do with heightened standard. no one cares when two ghetto thugs kill each other. people care more when an attorney or doctor commits murder

Um this is not a gang fight.  These are ancient civilizations being massacred.  Women and children.  But hey those kids are a bunch of ghetto thugs who deserve it eh?  For um...being there in the way or something.  So much for "humanitarians".
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Grey Fox

What are we suppose to do? Even those that are being slaughtered don't like us.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Valmy

Quote from: Grey Fox on August 07, 2014, 07:59:16 AM

Did you get out there and show solidarity with Hamas?  I would appreciate at least a little solidarity for an entire people who are not even launching rockets at anybody.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Grey Fox

Quote from: Valmy on August 07, 2014, 08:02:25 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on August 07, 2014, 07:59:16 AM

Did you get out there and show solidarity with Hamas?  I would appreciate at least a little solidarity for an entire people who are not even launching rockets at anybody.

No, I stand with Israel.

I don't know how you can give solidarity to a force that will turn on you the moment it feels safe to do so.

Valmy

Quote from: Grey Fox on August 07, 2014, 08:04:53 AM
No, I stand with Israel.

I don't know how you can give solidarity to a force that will turn on you the moment it feels safe to do so.

These Yazidis are going to murder us all!

KRonn

Quote from: jimmy olsen on August 06, 2014, 10:17:08 PM
ISIS overran another Syrian army base.

http://www.longwarjournal.org/archives/2014/08/islamic_state_overru_1.php

The US should maybe think seriously about intervening on the side of Syria. It's clear that any "moderate" Syrians aren't going to have any success stuck between ISIS and Assad, but everyone sane is against ISIS.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Valmy on August 07, 2014, 08:09:06 AM
Pretty sure he was talking about Hamas there.

On topic, ISIS has just captured the largest Christian town in Iraq.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-28686998
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Valmy

Quote from: jimmy olsen on August 07, 2014, 08:36:51 AM
Pretty sure he was talking about Hamas there.

Oh well that's fair.

On topic, ISIS has just captured the largest Christian town in Iraq.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-28686998

On topic?  Nothing was said that was off topic.

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

Grey Fox

Quote from: Valmy on August 07, 2014, 08:09:06 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on August 07, 2014, 08:04:53 AM
No, I stand with Israel.

We should probably help the Yazidis by carving them a little country of their own. The western world needs to put his old empire pants on & carve out a dozen small countries out of Iraq.

jimmy olsen

1 Karma Chameleon point

KRonn

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall